• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CPS Red Penhold... 14.2px average

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPS Red Penhold... 14.2px average

We just got our tests back on the 1000ac/70,000bu of Penhold CPS Red for Protein.

This CPS averaged 14.2 protein. Between 13.3 and 15. What a revolution is coming!

What is the CPSR price in your area and how did it weather all the rain- or did you get much rain? CPS reds here are all sprouted now.
    Is there a protein payment for CPSR above 13 ?

Comment

Was taken off over the past 3 weeks... no problem with sprouts in grades. Have not checked the premiums as it is certified seed for spring 2016 release.

Comment

Protein is like herpes this year. ... no one wants it. I had 13.5 in My 5700. These new wheats suck for standibility imo.

Comment

Penhold [-.4px]has been very nice for standability (much like Foremost) for the two years we have grown it....

Much like 5700 (AB-1.9px) in standability [VG] a better [G] rating on sprout instead of [F]... and the best disease package of any wheat grown today (including MR to Fusarium [G in MB] as well).

http://www.seed.ab.ca/pdfs/asg_spring2015_RVT_tables.pdf

Secan Description:
          AAC Penhold is a very short strong strawed CPS wheat that has high yield potential, improved protein content and good disease resistance. AAC Penhold is moderately resistant to FHB and has one of the best disease packages in a CPS wheat so it should be well adapted to all growing regions of western Canada especially those areas concerned with lodging and straw management.

Parentage: 5700PR/HY644-BW//HY469

http://www.rjpseed.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/aac-penhold.pdf

Comment

Hope someone is charging Tom for both the seed sales advertising and conservative larking on this site.

Comment

I bet all the certified seed will have miraculously miss all the rains and sprouting issues and yield twice as much as any bin run.
              Until it is time to sell, then there will be a short supply and price will have to go up.

Comment

Wmoebis

That's the next ad. Get it now.

Comment

I have a question. Why grow this shit if it only can give you 70000 bus. on 1000 acres. Its a shit wheat then because their are spring varieties that are being deregulated that yield almost as good. Something is wrong with this picture. Oh yea its all about follow the money. Seed sales 1 oh 1.

Comment

For certified seed grower,Is yield monitored by 3rd party and samples that are sent in for certification taken with certified sampler and by a 3rd party?
                    In commercial grain sales if you want official certification this is the way it is. Grain elevators don't get certified results from the same sampler as farmers do.

Comment

Thanks for the info tom, always interesting to see how the new varieties are performing! Were you not very dry in spring and then got more than your share of rain in late summer, fall? Sounds like the wheat did well under tough conditions!

Comment

I thot you had shitty crops the last 10 years Sask. How would u know Hrsw yields in the 70s

Comment

I got a different kind of revolution Tom
                          43E03 seeded June 2nd and 3rd , very little rain till Aug
                          Combining now , dry , zero green and yielding in the low to mid 50's . Most other reseeded canola in the area is too tough to test and some have big green seed issues due to frost - now that raises an eyebrow for me .

Comment

I would piss my pants with excitement if any wheat yielded 70 bushels per acre!

Comment

Hobby,

We were surprised in a good way at the wheat yields! Our Faba beans on the better land went over 60 as well! Canola not far off too! Low disease year helped plus cool late July and August Sept.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...