• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reaction to TPP

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reaction to TPP

Media has been a little kinder and approving than expected to the trade agreement.
    SM5 and auto workers union not getting a lot of support for opposition to it except from NDP.
    Think United States approval will be key for it to go anywhere, wonder if Obama and Whitehouse can face similar protectionist pressure as we have coming from NDP.

Congress will be very divided on the issue with the GOP and the Dems squaring off over it.

Comment

My logical response is that more exports are a good thing.

But how do you increase exports with the pwrformance we seen in 2013?

The government can't pat themselves on the back while the domestic infrastructure won't allow you to achieve the new goals.

Just being realistic.

An example of this happened in my area in the 90s.

While they were building the irrigation district for more production they were allowing the rail lines to be tore out.

Very myopic.

Even a dairy guy said yesterday 3.25 percent shouldn't cause alot of grief.

Comment

I agree it is a good deal for us farmers in Canada. But if the Railways and Grain companies cant get their shit together farmers will loose out again and again and again.
        Infrastructure needs a overhaul in this country. Industry start spending your Billions instead of killing the golden goose which is farmers. We cant continue to live on pennies and you make the $100.00s.

Comment

I'm a bit disappointed the govt opened up the public purse to the tune of $4B for 3%.

Comment

TheTPP is nothing more than an MOU. It will take years, if ever, to ratify it. And the real negotiations are just beginning. So for now - meh!

Comment

agree with many of the points made, trade is good, but obviously the details of what was given up, when will this actually result in anything, we don t have the infrastructure to really do much more, if oil trade increases and harper obviously cant make deals for the pipelines well guess what isn t going to get moved. grain and wood products cant get moved on time as it is.

mulcair really irresponsible on the issue flat out rejecting it until we all see the details.

I have to wonder though there is already comments made increase our grain and livestock movement but the price in the grocer will go down?
              I don't know about you guys but the two don t add up together to be good for us.

Kind of pathetic for the conservatives to try hold a gun to our heads, hey boys and girls now you have to vote for us. We don t even know what it is. Trudeau surprised me by taking the stand lets see what is in it, maybe someone not so closed minded.

Comment

I have been told "one's mind is more open on dope" Maybe Mr.pretty hair will smoke some chop and see more clearly...

Comment

Haha maybe you re right. There are a lot more people that want the marijuana legalized than I thought also. I don't agree with it at all.

Comment

If 3% equals $4B, rest of dairy worth $133B? Should be NO compensation...

Comment

Why would Cons NOT want to tax weed sales and get rid of the take of criminals? Take a HUGE load off the police, courts, judges? All makes sense to me...pass the cookies.

Comment

Could someone please explain to me why the Conservative government feels it necessary to provide up to $4.3 billion in compensation and in guarantees of profit for 10 years to dairy and poultry producers for allowing imports of just 2 - 3.5% of the market depending on commodity yet gives the assets of the CWB to the Saudis and Bunge for free and offers $0.00 compensation to western farmers? Or why the government put in place fines for poor rail performance in 2013 yet did not collect anything from the railroads even in the weeks the railroads missed the mandated targets and western grain producers received again $0.00 compensation? Anyone else feel grain producers are being taken for granted and ignored? Does the western vote simply not matter?

Comment

just a good deal overall! t-p-p
                          not so good for ndp Tom anti remarks all the time
                          hope we get rid off the rich chicken and dairy progam, this been so rich and protected
                          and why a pay out again after they had so protected by cost plus profit
                          quota.

Comment

What is the problem with any sector of AG primary producer being lucrative or even rich? We don't even know what grain prod's have given or received out of this deal.
                            Was all tariffs removed or part of or did some others get to add some on?

Comment

who knows milk and cheese , might be a little cheaper for a while.
                              and your drug costs go up 400%.

if the deal was really about trade , great.
                              with Harper at the helm it could be more about creating market monopolies.
                              for his backers.
                              all in the details

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...