• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

combine,s rolling yet

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

combine,s rolling yet

Just tried standing flax.... 10.4 but lots of unthrashed bolls.. can not pull my concaves any tighter but did speed up the rotor and that helped some, guess we'll wait until tomorrow and see.

what kinda combine ?

Comment

the only kind... 2366 with a 25' d****r header..

Comment

the only kind... 2366 with a 25' d****r header..

Comment

Standing wheat was down to 19.8 today.

Comment

Standing durum west central Sask 16.5. According to coffee shop.

Comment

Hemp is going through, straight cut. Its pretty noisy in the rotor, sounds like wet coveralls going through.

Comment

whats organic coveralls i mean hemp worth these days hobby

Comment

What does your organic hemp yield?

Comment

Contracted for $1.50/pound clean seed. I should net about 350 pounds per acre.
                    I am satisfied with that.
                    There is a lot of fooling around , getting licence from the feds , shielding up the machine to minimize wrapping, short days, risk for fires , cutting fibre off rotor bearings, any moving parts, turning bins in winter. 9 month carry on inventory to feed the market.
                    I grow it to replace canola in rotation. Basically its a poor mans canola.

Comment

Conventional, if fertilized like canola, and sprayed properly , growers are netting 80-1300 pounds per acre . Last I heard ( april 2015) it was selling at $0.85/ pound .
                      I saw a lot of hemp along highway 40 going to North Battleford. My guess was 1000 acres just looking from the truck seat. So, I suggest contracting production if you plan to grow it.

Comment

Some good yeild numbers on hemp takin off by Speers / Hafford area last week.
                        Comment was - 'way better to put through at 18% than at 12% we did last year' - no fires in combines and went through a little better.
                        But ya agree - get a contract if interested - even that is iffy on delivery within a year. Kinda like pules at some local delivery points years back - almost ridiculas getting paid at times.

Comment

Helping neighbors now, some canola got dry today , some will be ready tomorrow, no green to speak of - reseeded canola. Some very nice yields.
                          Some varieties are still very tough and green.
                          HRSW just about dry, sending one combine over to them tomorrow as well. Looks like rain here again with the next temp change on Sunday.
                          Some guys have big ac to go yet north and east of here. Could be a long harvest yet for some.

Comment

Canola unregistered moisture today.

Comment

Wind for next two days and the showers taken out of Sunday forecast. That will really help get things drying.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...