• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thoughts on rolling flax

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thoughts on rolling flax

Hello all,
    What are your thoughts about rolling flax after swathing? we've never swathed flax before, always straight combined but due to weeds, second growth etc have decide to swath. not sure about rolling though.

thanks

roll it tight not going to get pod shatter less chance it wiĺl blow

Comment

Around here, if you don't roll it behind the swather it will roll itself into giant balls when the wind blows.

Comment

Never grew much but always rolled even if picked up right behind swather before I had straight header. Picked up way nicer didn't roll of pickup or catch on wind guards.

Comment

how does it handle the wind ? we have never swathed it , but have same problem . RR canola just cabbaging undeneath and is a green mess .no one ever swaths here ? as I said before keep that f@#%king RR flax far away from here ! that's the LAST thing we need is another RR weed

Comment

Rolling works well but frost works the best to fix weeds! I swathed some seed flax 2 weeks ago... but it is still weeks away from being cured out... Com flax with gly is better cured... but the greenery is still holding on in standing flax

Comment

Roll it hard.will pick up easy.If a good crop with some stubble to push it into. .Swath should not blow.

Comment

If you get wind, I guess u can roll. I have never seen flax blow around here, and canola only once. And when it blew, it blew whether rolled or not...

Comment

I have some that is still flowering, not sure how it escaped the hard frosts! Going to start swathing tomorrow I guess

Comment

We started swathed some 14 days ago
                    Still not ready. We are swathing the rest of our flax now. It sure is taking a long time to dry down

Comment

We are rolling out flax swaths
                      We will see if it will stop the swaths from blowing away in the 80 km winds tomorrow.
                      We had some swaths blow on us a little bit in 2014 and they were rolled.

Comment

Did you spray your flax with headline? Or a fungicide? One guy that sprayed thought it kept it green forever.Maybe means nothing but just wondering if a link.

Comment

we were blaming priaxor for keeping it green , but left 80 ac on a half , no diff at all

Comment

I think fungicides will prolong maturity. Glyphosate applications require patience, and really, is the app really doing much when its sprayed on brown bolls and there are no leaves on the stems? What's missing this year was a "killing frost", at least here anyway, RR canola that slipped through the gly app is still going strong as is what ever germinated that got thrown out the back of the combine....

End of story. Happy Thanksgiving.

Comment

Green seeders Farmaholic?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...