• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farmers Against Power Poles

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farmers Against Power Poles

FAPP

Lets get serious and put pressure on the invasive species the power pole. I hate em! I wont sleep till they are all underground 2 feet deep.

That's one thing Manitoba Hydro got right... All power poles are in the right of way. Here in Sask they drew a line from yard to yard and put up a line. WTF?

We have a half that has a high tension line running one way... ok.... But then has 2 more regular lines running criss cross... What a pain at night with a sprayer or the drill.

Comment

Absolutely, if we are serious about the environment & safety they need to be buried.

Comment

We have 1 quarter that has 9 poles, running in 2 directions at angles..Total nightmare..But the good news is that the crew will be there next week to bury the line...Going to watch, and have a beer in celebration...

Comment

They are nasty creatures. Waste time, waste fuel, cause overlap, dangerous, a refuge for noxious weeds, leak power into atmosphere, they rot off, burn, tip over, lines break. With vibratory plows and insulated wire they are obsolete tech.

Comment

Some lines have been moved to edge of road allowance, hope to live long enough to see ours moved there! What a STUPID idea to run lines 400' into the fields!

Comment

What about the near constant power outages whenever there is a bit of a storm? Lightening strikes, trees falling on them. We have third world power along with third world cell service.

We missed the last go around of burying the lines by 2 measly miles. Thankfully because of where I live at the end of nowhere, I have none to deal with except 4 on some rented land. But most neighbors have many, and they are maybe 60 feet into the fields.

Comment

What was the reasoning back in the day?
                Our REAs put all in road allowance.

Comment

We are lucky, our power lines got buried a long time ago and land right next to us didnt, we were on the edge. We have 3 poles to work around on 16 quarters and some in a small pasture along the same line.... they are 3 phase along a highway and would also like to see them moved to the edge of the highway right of way as well, there are stretches where they are next to the highway right of way but not past us. Lucky we have none of the large transmission lines running across us. Seem to see lots in oil country.

Comment

Anyone get paid for inconvenience or weed control, etc. for having to work around them...we don't. Old easements probably never allowed for it.

Comment

We had ours buried many years back. I am glad to have them gone but we have never had so many outages. I bought a generator large enough to keep us from freezing in the winter and have used it many times but fortunately only once in the winter. I don't know what the cause is but it's very frustrating and worrisome in the winter.

Comment

Saskpower spent something like a billion on carbon capture tech while the rest of the grid is in tatters. Why not invest in in a dozen crews with vibratory plows?

Comment

Big lentil

You are just talking crazy. Stop it.

Sarcasm intended. Lol.

Comment

Biglentil

Sorry that's an infrastructure - why invest in it? Better to have lower taxes than a safe and reliable power grid.

Better to spend on carbon capture that even if canada captured 100 percent of its carbon it wouldn't make a difference to the world levels.

Comment

Does anyone know how to get the wages of CEO's and management at the crowns?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...