• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Et Tu Bacon

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Et Tu Bacon

UN WHO state Bacon , processed meats
    cause cancer.
    18 % increase in colon cancer.
    it is bad enough smoking and drinking
    are bad , now bacon.
    life is just not fair.
    and to top it off , the woman on the news said you can eat all the boiled spinach you want.
    I hate people like that.
    how cruel do you really have to be to bring that up at this time.

call me sexist , but only a woman would have the nerve to say that at a time like this.

The older I get the less tolerance I have for excesses.

I used to consume alot of sugar, can't do it anymore. Some desserts are even too sweet.

Certain types of oils don't sit well with me.

I LOVE potatoe chips but moderation isnt an option so I don't keep them around. "Treat" myself once in a while to a bag, but I eat the Old Dutch "share pack" myself. I don't by them in multiples anymore, no matter how good the deal.

And bacon, sometimes don't feel so good after eating it either, even in moderate doses.

But I do admit we eat quite healthy and like kings, IMO. It takes alot for a restaurant meal to impress me!

Comment

Sawfly;

Old news... been around for over well... just about for ever. BBQ's kill you... same thing... is there a political objective to this? Of Course. Sin tax. Carbon tax... human eating tax.. especially on meat eaters.. they cause climate change... everything is meat eating SUV driving North American's and EU consumer's faults...

TAX me... I am rich. Justin just won using this tactic. Guilt,
      then
      Bait;
      and then
      ...switch the table on us...no one will notice...

Comment

Ah hahahahahaha ! Earth to Tom tom tom

It's a warning to not pig out on bacon. That's it!!!!!

Comment

I would have to think that there are few people out there that think bacon is a health-food. But do know a guy that swears bacon and eggs everyday is what fixed his high cholesterol...he stopped all processed food however.

Comment

I would have to think that there are few people out there that think bacon is a health-food. But do know a guy that swears bacon and eggs everyday is what fixed his high cholesterol...he stopped all processed food however.

Comment

Going to die from something. Perhaps if we had a cause, we could stop eating and see if WHO noticed a reason for all the deaths.

What do you think, riders? I'd choose the railways, but you can't beat them!

A lot of unchanged minds in the South beach section.

Comment

I don't know much about how bacon is made these days, maybe chemical bacon, but still remember good old-fashioned smokehouse bacon. There's no comparison. the way my uncle Metro made it near Mikado, it was soaked in a brine for sometime, then hung in the smokehouse with the deer sausage for some time until the outside was black. Too good to forget. He didn't live too long, about 83 when he left us.

Ukrainian Coop in Regina sells double-smoked bacon that is pretty good too. It kinda looks like old Mikado bacon. I'm OK with this one life and enjoying a bit of the good tasting stuff once in awhile, though I accept that chemicals in food are likely not good for me but there's not much I can eat nowadays that is "safe".

Comment

And breakfast oatmeal, all cereals, all bread, pastries, etc have preharvest glyphos which will kill us too. Yup nothing to eat but your own garden. Don't have any beer with that either...

Comment

I question most studies by the UN WHO.

They claim the biggest issue in the world is climate change, (not ISIS, radical Islam, cancer, other diseases)
                    They also claim raising livestock is evil because of the carbon footprint, so not surprising they start being very critical of pork products.

Also none of the Muslim countries in the UN believe in eating pork.

Comment

If so many things cause the same thing and its chronic metabolic. Maybe we need to step back and look at a bigger picture.

Comment

is it the cooking process more or the additives I didn't quite catch all of the news on the radio?

Comment

This is just more anti-meat, vegan sponsored crap this time wrapped up in a UN study. Just not bacon wrapped.

Comment

UN is losing it credibility and validity with every lefty unsubstantiated report they release. Think when Bush marched into Iraq and told them to F off that was the end because they essentially were the builders of the UN. However it has become the lefty greenie hippy son they don't want to invite for thanksgiving dinner cause he says Turkey is murder.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...