• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24 crops and the weather won.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think it was 1998, NO snow on Christmas day! could have been in fields except soil was FROZEN! That was El Nenio, it's here again, so any thing can happen, drought all winter...

Comment

Freewheat

Have you ever thought of moving?

Maybe sell out and get to where skill set would reward you.

You are hard working resilient inventive to finish the job every year.

There are places that you would prosper with your skills.

Just asking but you seem to be spinning the wheels and I see a guy that would be a great add-on to any community if you didn't have the rain cloud over your head.

Maybe that's a sign.

Comment

Unless you have taken a holistic management course this is going to sound off the wall. Everybody has some sort of unfair advantage over someone else. Problems can often be turned into opportunities with a little different mindset. Look around Freewheat. Determine your unfair advantage and things will really look up from there. I speak from experience. Good luck!!

Comment

Free I hope all goes well. I can't fathom that kind of wet situation. If it goes for shit in my neck of the woods it's usually too dry. It's neat you're diversifying but it takes time I know. Whether it's a flock or a herd you just don't get into it big in a hurry unless there is a huge structural change in your operation or you borrow a bunch and who wants to borrow themselves rich.

Comment

On the subject of dryers, i built a 25,000 sq ft grain store with drying system when i took on the farm in 93.
            my landlord is evicting me without paying me a penny for it.

Comment

I built a bin yard on my Dads quarter when I started as well. I was so proud because I paid for the power and dirt work and bins. It was well designed for btrain traffic and hoppers and aeration. That fall we were loading semis from one side and combining into the other side and I was pretty happy. My Dad showed up and all he said was "you never should have built this site, what will happen to you if I sell this quarter to the neighbours?"
              That was his indirect way of explaining property ownership.

Comment

I guess better communication would be advised well ahead of investments. Hope the neighbor does not own a great bin yard now.

Comment

Hedgehog, if you built it you can knock it down can't you? Sounds like you're already screwed and past the point of any future dealing with this person anyways.

Comment

i could, but it would only give me satisfaction, not cash . i still hope to overturn the land court eviction notice.

Comment

If you haven't gotten your money's worth after 22 years it was a pretty poor investment

Comment

the investment has another 60 yrs of life left

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...