• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best land

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

400000 quarter will get you 3% here that's it!

Comment

I believe there are only two places with Class 1 agricultural land in Saskatchewan.

Comment

I think you can get 3% anywhere in Saskatchewan. I don't think its sustainable on poor land if we ever get back to normal conditions, whatever normal is.

Comment

u could a few years ago rents are less rosy these days. Farmland should be left to the primary producer to own imo. When farmers make a few dimes landlords get all glossy eyed and crank rents.

Comment

What you willing to pay Lesm because 80 a acre rent is 12000 so explain your 3% anywhere!

Comment

I'm assuming I'll buy 160 cultivated acres if I'm paying $400,000/quarter. If I'm paying $2500/acre and getting $80/acre that's still 3.2% return. According to most real estate folks tenants are paying the taxes. In my part of the province rent on this valuable property would bring $100/acre. Banks are paying 1% on your money, TSX sucked for the last 15 years except for a few exceptional years and if you missed it you got nothing on your return. Our new government is almost guaranteed to keep our dollar at a low level. You can buy 480 acres of the top producing land in the province or 2 new JD S690's. At the end of 10 years I'll still have 480 acres of the best land in Sask and the JD's will be part of the Keystone XL.

Comment

And that's why we own 40 My friend.

Comment

On rented land I have never paid the taxes. Its so much a cult acre take it or leave. If I do improvements we discuss in year three of rental agreement.

Comment

I have never heard of a renter paying the land taxes.

The real estate agent who said it is common for a tenant to pay the taxes is incorrect.

Comment

Land in my area is for sale. 8 quarters. Tenant is paying taxes on top of the, I think, it is 58/acre. Sale price is in that 2500 an ac mark

Comment

58 per acre is 2.32%. Got GIC's doing better than than. Land always go up...land always go up... Actually if you had converted your 400000 to $US a couple of years ago you could buy more land today as land is dropping in the reserve currency.

Comment

you wanna buy some ocean front property in sask , lesm? not sure who your real estate guy is but what an a idiot ? no renter pays taxes , how f$&cking stupid do you think farners are
                          if we don't make money we dont farm it ! , it's not all about you ffs

Comment

What is 'Productive"???

"Happiness" for those who: own the land... farm the land... sell the land... Pass the land to the next generation of 'Family'... LOVE THE Land...

Since the human experience... ends without an end... there is one answer... being; inside the head of the person reading this topic!

Comment

Regarding the renter paying taxes - don't want to start an argument, but you don't have to search too far in the real estate listings to find land for sale that states renter is paying the taxes.

Comment

Farming 101,

Of the multiple dozens of folks we have farmed for... not one has ever made the request to pay land taxes.

I would have serious questions about farm transfer taxation issues that would clearly indicate an investment indicator... purely ... and loss of all benefits of roll over provisions after a time period.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...