• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heated Caniola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heated Caniola

Please everyone check your bins. My bro in law is manager of a grain terminal, and they are seeing lots if heated Canola. He said a lot more then usual.

We hearing it was mostly straight cut canola, as it was only "Mostly Dead"..

Comment

Too late for me. I lost a bin. Never had it heat before. Likely going to average 3% heated. Not sure of options.

I was the guy that was going to turn complete bins.

Just didn't get done in time. It was 10.5 and hot when I combined it.

I knew better than to wait this long to turn it.

Comment

Too late for me. I lost a bin. Never had it heat before. Likely going to average 3% heated. Not sure of options.

I was the guy that was going to turn complete bins.

Just didn't get done in time. It was 10.5 and hot when I combined it.

I knew better than to wait this long to turn it.

Comment

Aeration doesn't cost....it pays....

Comment

Lep , had you cooled it with fans at all ? we have cooled all ours , but I am still scared shitless and was it straight cut or swathed ?

Comment

Just got back from the kids Halloween party and talking with my neighbours 5 of them have lost a bin so far of canola. It is panic in our area it's all going up in smoke. Lots was 8.5 to 9mt. Anyone think it has to do with the 4 stages of crop growth.

Comment

Stuff of nightmares, one heated bin pays for a lot of aeration and monitoring. Can never be completely comfortable with grain in the bin.

Comment

Have gone full paranoid around here with stored grain. All cooled to below 20C as fast as possible. Then monitored constantly.
                  Sorry to hear about the heated grain.

Comment

has anyone ever had it heat after cooled with aireation and an opi cable monitoring it ? I'm like you paranoid , even though we cooled it all right away and check cables every week !

Comment

Don't recall ever having heating in a temp cable bin. The cables have saved us a few times.

Comment

us too, at least 4 bins over the years , don't have a bin in yard w/o air and opi cable , but I still worry . strangest one was a bin of canary one time , it was dry and had been in the bin about 8 months , checked cable one day and it was 40 degrees c . cooled it and it was fine . we use those socks that are made in sask . on fans , move them around lots , works real good , even for the fan with a heater on it

Comment

Had a wet front heat in top 3 feet of binsense web monitored bin this spring. Temp sensors are every 4 feet i think.
                          Nice system but rarely if ever have they all worked at same time. Frustrating to go on intragrain.com to see the bin your worried about hasnt called in an week or longer.

Comment

Had a close call with a bin of wheat start to get hot about two weeks ago.
                            Binned relatively cool and a little tough at 16%, figured it wouldn't have been an issue.
                            Turned the entire bin and have cooled it since.

When I send grain out with custom truckers I make a point of taking grain from as many bins as possible. Sometimes it slows the loading process but worth the extra time.

Comment

Saw a sample of Canola that was 60% heated, the guy thought it was dry going into the bin a month ago. He had taken a moist test (dry) when he started field but not a good average sample when he was done.
                              Smell was way beyond musty to say the least.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...