• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12 Dollar canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 Dollar canola

In 2 months? CargillAg wondering why everyone is bullish? Lol

They are wondering why everyone is bullish canola because they told their market sense customers to go to 100 % sold on canola 2 moths ago....or so I am told.

Comment

that would of been odd advice on their part ? considering canola crop really looked small 2 months ago ? and a couple close calls late aug with frost

Comment

that would of been odd advice on their part ? considering canola crop really looked small 2 months ago ? and a couple close calls late aug with frost

Comment

I cannot for the life of me figure out why anyone would take advice from the very people/companies who are in business, and profit, from the margins they make off you.

If you want market advice, and its going to cost you either way, why not pay for independent third party advice? No one gets it right anyway, not even those guys. Whats the best you should hope for? Sell in the top 80% of the market range?

But to rely on your "Buyer's" advice seems a little foolhardy to me.

Comment

9/10 of the time you are better off going with your own gut. JMO

Comment

Market advise from your buyers.
              Yea that is a good one!

Comment

Same thing for agronomy advise. I gave a couple of big crop sense customers some drastically lower fert recommendations this year. As usual they followed Cargill advice with the exception of a couple strips. Of course the Cargill stuff was flat on the ground and yielded 15% less as a result. Who do they get to do their sampling this year... Yep Cargill cause they were cheaper.

Comment

Grain grading. Let the guy that is buying it from you take the sample assess how much dockage he is going to take, assess the grade, enter it into computer and retain the unsealed sample in his care incase you have a dispute.
                  A little knowledge can go a long way.

Comment

We're all talking stupid now... no trust. LOL

Furrow, when its our skin in the game, it hurts when someone else has none in and has nothing to lose by poor judgement and "getting it wrong". I can make my own mistakes.

Comment

Hmmm I take market advice from my buyers and I do rather well , but I'm not a big shot and I try and treat poeple the way I want to be treated .

Comment

I respect that wakopa...

But at the end of the day....they are paid to buy you grain, not give you good advice. That's the difference. I have no doubt if you have that kind of relationship, of course they are trying to give you the best advise they can....problem is though they just aren't going through the right steps or should I say covering EVERY aspect of that decision to make sure it right for you...it just not what they are paid to do.

50 % of the decision of if it the correct time to sell is the cash market doing....1 grain co. is to one sided to call it a good decision or not.

IMO third parties always win...

I know none of them are ever going to be 100 % right but some are better than others.

Comment

Buyers deal with all types of people. Sometimes it's best to just tell them what they want to hear.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...