• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain

.33 of an inch over the last couple of days. Improving the outlook for a decent start next year.
    I realize its not what some people need or want for this year or even next.

Over half an inch yesterday and more over night on top of mud and water like spring run off. More tomorrow, snow Wed. Destroying our land, ruining roads. Nearly 20" since mid June. Next year looks bleak already, dry winter and early spring only hope.

Comment

I'm glad you're getting what you need Farmaholic. We're getting rains every day. Haven't checked amounts but it's really adding up. This fall reminds me of 2010 when it kept raining into freeze up, then spring 2011 was a quagmire.

Comment

I'm sure it could get to the point I will think its enough.

11.19 inches for the year/season. Some of the rains in that total wouldn't have countered evaporation at the time they fell.
        We were in a net drying until about July 20th.

Comment

Long range is saying above average overnight temps. Could be muddy for a while yet.

Comment

1/2 Friday night plus what ever shit we got yesterday.
            Mud is the word. Need to make a round the last field of Oats before were done so that next spring its a easy fire guard and burn. Goal of the fall for 2015.

Comment

Snow melted mostly on Friday. Overnight Friday into Saturday 7 tenths. Last night a bunch more.

Like FJ says, this is bad. Creeks running.

Sick to my stomach.

Comment

Freewheat

This is why I don't think anyone should lose out because of the weather.

You have kept us up to date on your harvest/mud slinging.

You could have had 100 combines on your farm and I am not sure you could have finished.

What about a 3 hour window so far to complete it?

You are the perfect example of why programs should work quickly and effectively based on what's happening not an olympic average of 5 years.

Still hoping you get it done.

Honest efforts should not be considered that you should fail and left to the wolves licking their chops to buy you out.

Comment

Anyone predict a very wet fall ?

Comment

We have barley as a cover crop on one quarter. We let it grow to about 10" before turning the cows out on it. It's still lush and green. There seems to be great nutrition judging by the very wet manure coming out of them. I think the cover crop is using excess water well and still keeping the ground covered.

With the late season and now turning wet, I wish we had seeded some tillage radish on some fields. My American neighbours have have had great success using radish. It really opens up the ground and it's claimed to pull nutrients from deeper soil up closer to our root zone.

Comment

I agree with Bucket a 100 combines and three hour window wouldn't help in some of these areas that get every single rain that comes upon them.
                      Mud is mud.
                      Things you own in the mud zone.
                      Top line pressure washer as its used three to four times a day.
                      Rubber boots the work boot of choice.
                      Tow strap and not just any the bigger the better.
                      Pull tractor to sit at edge of the field because sick of running for one.
                      Big hp on every thing from swathers to combines to tractors.
                      Big drill NO as you ever try to get one of them unstuck. Size to heavy harrow because if it made it through the drill will to.
                      Matches to burn fields black.
                      All service or farm trucks 4x4 as never get down any roads without.
                      Own a cat backhoe or trac hoe. Because you will need most of the time.
                      Grain dryer as every fricking year it will be used.
                      Dual kits for swather and sprayer.
                      Mud kit for air drills or floatation kit.
                      Grain cart with tracks or floatation tires that you get the biggest but fill about half.
                      Mud the curse of farming in the parkland.

Comment

Drew Lerner Predicted a wet 2015 fall. El Nino was predicted on DTN to push the Jet Stream further north... and with the warmer wetter Pacific western air... should be no surprise on an El Nino year...this has happened.

Comment

Braveheart

I seeded 400 acres of tillage radish with oats.

It was too dry on land that last year that couldn't be seeded.

Was pretty excited about them but didn't work so well.

Did get a few that were 3 inches around

Most ended up like small carrots that did grow.

Neighbors cows are suppose to be grazing them after cutting for greenfeed.

Comment

Except for Freewheat... you guys ... you live in Western Canada.

You have had reasonable crops for the most part...

Your complaining is sad. Our fathers saw much worse weather as I grew into loving being a farmer...

Count your blessings... name them one by one. A Thankful Heart and Spirit goes a very long way... to being a positive person! See Circumstances in a positive light... make the best of them.. you will be a positive influence on your community... and you will be trusted with more blessings. Be Positive, standing in agreement with negative thoughts pushes away the good parts of life! And my daughter is doing her Masters in Counciling and is a Registered Nurse.

I am blessed that Princess past along such wise Genetic Blessings to my Children!

Bless you all and have a really good Sunday... with your extra hour of rest!

Bless You

Comment

Yes you guys should find something important to complain about, like a billboard!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...