• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ag Minister

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ag Minister

Any guess on who will be the Ag minister?

would have been nice to have at least a couple choices from here.

Comment

50 chance of female minister!

Comment

Likely a woman from Peterborough, ON. GMO corn country. She'll likely be Ag and Transport Minister.

Comment

Wayne Easter. Shiver.

Comment

The bar was set pretty low with Ritz
            Anyone that breathes oxygen will be a step up

Comment

Sure hoping for Easter. Need something to laugh at for the next 4 years, going to be depressing enough as it is.

Comment

Hope its a female..The last number of men sure have done squat...

Comment

I'm sure we'll be treated with the same level of care and attention we have come to be used to by whomever assumes the role. On another note I've spent weeks emailing pioneer seeds and Syngenta and Bayer trying to get my order in for a few pallets of organic pot seed they haven't been able or willing to sell me any think I'm missing put on the next big crop!!

Comment

Easter or Goodale will head up the Canadian Weed Board.

Comment

Since it seems to be the only cylinder firing on the economic engine, maybe Justin will take the portfolio for himself. Instead of failed(Vanclief) or ex farmers(Ritz) being Minister of Ag we could have another Minister with disdain for the portfolio who knows **** all.

Comment

Not sure what most farmers expect from an ag minister. Western canada had a record crop a couple years ago and most scream hang the ag- min. it's his fault, grain in our area moved at a record pace. Got rid of the --- and half the farmers yell treason! and the other half yell, the big bad corps. are stealing our grain! By the amount of new mach. in my area and the price of land i think our area is thriving. ( although the young guns are overspending! IMO ) I don't think any ag min. will have much more than 30% support at any one time. I'll agree with braveheart, i think it will be a woman.

Comment

What good is the wheel if it falls off because of the neglected hub? I think it's about time the Primary Producer is put first for a change, not the corporates of the Industry....

Comment

Listened to the apas president today who said things are moving fairly well.

No one is looking to grow a 60 to 70 mmt crop regularly.

So the system straightens itself out by producing less instead of striving for more and better movement.

Jesus ****ing Christ already. These lulls in production is when you make upgrades to handle larger crops not sit on their laurels.

No vision.

Comment

Since the Liberals are planning to run deficits now it will be interesting to see if agriculture spending is a priority.

Railway infrastructure, improvements to Agri-Invest, Agri-Stability, drought/unseeded acre payment increases, crop insurance improvements, etc.

Hopefully they get somebody better than Vanclief or Goodale.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...