• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ag Minister

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Mark Eyking will be Ag Minister, he was already liberal AG critic. But being a male he has that against him.

Comment

It don't matter who the Ag Minister will be now. In close to 50 years of farming, all I know is Liberal times are tough times for the prairie farmers. To make it look good, Justine will appoint a women, who is gay, smokes a little weed and wears a Burka ...got her Ag degree in Damascus, Syria. Let's just hope it ain't Wayne Easter....good grief if that ever happened.

Comment

First of all I would like to say there are very qualified people in every race and gender but for **** sales, appointing ministers based on quotas is retarded, what happens if there are no truly qualified white males and too many seats get filled with them? Does that mean you appoint them even if they aren't the best candidates. Sarcasm fully intended-it holds true for everyone!

Comment

If I were to bet on who would be ag minister I would think the odds on favorite would be Easter (3/2). There are 4 MPs from PEI, all men, and 2 with a farm background. If all provinces are to get an MP, ag makes sense for a PEI cabinet minister. MacAulty (4/1 maybe) also has a farm background but has been a back bencher for too long without a major portfolio. Morrissey is even a longer shot (8/1).
          Saskatchewan only has Goodale so he gets a prominent post for sure so chances of ag are low (3/1). If however he gets passed over for deputy PM, house leader etc then he becomes the odds on favorite (1/1). Eyking would be good given his status as opposition ag critic but he comes from Ontario and there will be just too much competition from women/urban MPs to name him to a major portfolio. I might bet on him at 5/1. Then there are some longshots like Paradis out of Quebec who have a rural link through his vineyard and would bring another Quebec face to the front bench but I would think no better than a 10/1 chance. My thoughts and guess at the odds of who will be ag minister.

Comment

Braveheart Likely a woman from Peterborough, ON. GMO corn country. She'll likely be Ag and Transport Minister

Ag minister a women from Peterborough??? Corn country????? Transport Minister????

What you smoking? Did you get into Trudeau"s weed???

Comment

Yeah Peterborough is more cow-calf country than corn country anyway, and Trudeau isn't likely yo waste the first Afghani-born MP on Ag or Transport

Comment

easter would be my choice.
                at least he knows his stuff.
                whether he has the go ahead to do anything , will be another story.

do not think ag will be too high on the to do list.

doing nothing would be 1000 times better than what we had.
                feeding us to the wolves like the con.s did. seed laws etc.

this world the con.s created where the RRs can basically tell the govt. and the people of canada to f off.

it would take a govt. with balls to fix it. and they are just not there
                with justin.

at least now Tom will be able to
                bitch about the same screwed up system.
                that was so great 30 days ago.

Comment

Pretty sure I nailed it.

Comment

I think the less they do the better too. Conservatives dropped the ball with pushing for an infrastructure upgrades and letting railroads decide what was best for themselves. Next vote from me goes to a clear vision of grain logistics, control rails and grain pipeline with an air traffic control type system. Make it a priority to keep it moving, legislate it like a highway. No companies are allowed to shut down highways. Why should canadian gdp suffer because one company decides it's shareholders are better served by passing the buck down to another industry or the country.

Comment

Daylate, would have the Minister of Deja Vu handle that? Ever hear of the Grain Transportation Authority? Previous governments thought the GTA would solve the logistics problems. It didn't work either.

Comment

Lol. Your right. Been tried before. lost their way. True market freedom should have been done in 3 steps years ago and all together......

1. Crow rate gone
                        2. Cwb gone
                        3. Open running rights on rail

Comment

I didn't see Easter in the line-up in Rideau Hall. Might be Ralphie or some Afghani woman.

Comment

Lawrence MacAuley is the new ag minister.

Comment

Who is Lawrence Macualay? He looks tired and low energy.

Comment

former dairy farmer...likely tired from getting up early

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...