• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One last window might be opening for harvest 2015

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One last window might be opening for harvest 2015

Yea all of you that are done are wondering why some still have crop out and are struggling with harvest 2015. Over 1.2 inches since last Friday plus light skiff of snow last night. Standing oats has a chance on Sat sun and Mon. Short days short drying window but all equipment is ready and dryer is full of propane. So those who have crop start preparing as our one chance might happen.
    Its not over till its over. No one left behind.

160 acres in three short days that's the window.

Comment

We got a couple inches of snow last night, less than forecast at least. A few days to melt, and then the trend looks cool, but at least dry. My hope is to go in the cooler stretch when the soil freezes and the crop is more brittle.

It aint over. Yet.

Anyone get the 6 inches of snow some places were forecast for?

Comment

I agree, haven't got to farm yet but hope we weren't the one with the 6 in

Comment

Saskfarmer, what is the quality of your oats that are still out? I combined mine 3 weeks ago and they are downgraded severely with mildew, and have heard similar stories from others. Just curious.

Comment

The media really had this "storm" pumped up, but it's been quite the bust here,,,Thank goodness. Been getting 1,2 or 3 mm each of the last 8 days(no snow). Doesn't sound like much but sure has made the yards wet and the roads greasy.

Good luck boys, get 'er done!

Comment

No snow here. Just drizzle not even real rain thankfully.

Our standing Souris that came off before this last wet spell was a 2CW.

Comment

Similar 2cw on standing

Comment

F$&jing snow

Comment

Was going to say I think I am a bit north of you and we got a good dump of snow last night.

Comment

Just a skiff, melted already, missed the crap finally, YES! Still one of wettest spots, think Hum is wetter.

Comment

The drought south is going to freeze in wet wet.Got a bit of flax straw to roll up and burn an some bales to haul.Not sure it will dry enough now to roll up straw unless I hook on my old chain baler.

Comment

I would say unles we get an unusually dry and sunny november combining is donskis for the year. Sounds like guys that didnt finish were tight on combine capacity and or seeding capacity.

Comment

Guys that aren't done have had rain after rain after rain, snow that stayed for 4 days, etc. I have way more combine than I need. I could have had 7, it would not make a difference when it rains constantly.

Comment

A salesman once told me the window for seeding but mostly harvest is only so big. But he is a salesman. We farm in Western Canada, you can't count on unlimited or even a limit of "good" harvest days. Some years would just require extra ordinary efforts, this was one of them.

And if hindsight were foresight, everything would be ticketyboo....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...