• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Silvers time hit! Buy at the bottom?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Silvers time hit! Buy at the bottom?

Seems to me it has got close to the bottom. Maybe 9 instead of 14 that it's at now. This is USA money.
    It's highest was 48.00
    So my question is this a good buy at 9 which is 12 Canadian and wait or wait till 7 which is 9 and then soak in a lot.
    Just asking a few for ideas.
    Farming sucks like I said a few years ago it was all smoke and mirrors for investors but is it time to look at Silver as a investment?

If you can buy silver as an investment, farming couldn't be that bad....;-)
    Will not higher interest rates lower gold...and silver?

Comment

Was wondering SF3, would you buy futures or physical silver?

Comment

Yep i think silver is a pretty safe investment with a lot of upside.

Comment

cant grow a crop on a silver bar

Comment

But the run in land and grain is done!

Comment

Silver and gold are just shiny commodities. they don't produce any income. they don't provide any pleasure or company. You only have one chance to sell it and you may or may not make a profit, in the meantime you are paying money for storage and holding/transaction fees.

With all these refugees coming to canada and north america I would not be surprised to see an exodus of people fleeing the large urban centers and moving out to the relative quiet of the boonies. The baby boomers are set to retire in droves and the country may be very attractive. This will keep land the very best investment there is.

Comment

Ha ha ha people will leave the cites to move to the country!
                No baby boomers will leave and go to Florida and Phoenix and Hawaii Costa Rica or Mexico. Farm land won't go up! Now yea when I bought back at 30 to 55 that's a investment if I sell today.
                But really you shouldn't have to sell land to retire if you had a good farming life.
                Because the other thing To remember is when you die you can't take it with you unless you use credit unions as they are all over hell.
                Boom in Ag is definitely done and on to the next thing.

Comment

City folk have all sorts of romantic visions of living out in the country. Then the snow blows in 6ft high across their drive and start begging the neighbours to come to rescue.

Comment

Lead might be a better investment huh?

Comment

SF3- If you bought silver would it be physical bars, paper certificates, futures, shares in a mining company, ETF?

Comment

I'd rather buy silver than mutual funds.

Comment

If the boom in ag is done then silver will not be going up either. The artificial manipulation of interest rates by central bankers drives up both. I owned Nat Gas ETF in 2009 sold it with a bit of gain and now the price of NG is slightly lower than it was when I had it six years ago. If Canada does QE then silver will go up in $Cdn but I would rather own greenbacks.

Comment

The biggest use of silver is in electrical and electronics among a lot of other uses. Silver usage will be around for a long time. Much more upside than downside imo.

Comment

Economies of the world are all in a major state of hurt. China is slowing terribly. Caterpillar is a great global bellwether and now they are predicting a 5% drop next year. Interest rates are not going to be rising anytime soon. Oil is about to take another shit kicking unless they can drop a few thousand more bombs over the Middle East. Poor Alberta is going to be on its knees begging for some federal handouts and Sask lined up right behind it. This gets worse before it gets better. As for silver, who knows, I think it's likely heading lower but at some point it will turn positive...maybe in my lifetime.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...