• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

farm safety legisation

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

farm safety legisation

Ha Ha Ha, for those of you that wanted change in Alberta, well get use to it because old Nutley is just getting started.I bet it is already difficult to find anybody who would admit voting NDP

Yep, but on the bright side, instead of paying out transfer payments to eastern canada in a few years alberta might be receiving them!

Comment

Ouch low blow.

Comment

Be ready to add another 25% to your overall expenses and most likely loose 25% of your productivity efficiency. That time will be spent on safety meetings and hugee money will have to spent on upgrading and adding safety equipment and safety training officers that will in the end make zero difference to likely 95% of the farms in western Canada. The cost to over see this and implement it will be huge and farmers will get stuck with the bill.
        If you don't believe me ask business that has to deal with OH&S. My problem is farmers will have to eat this cost. Everyone else can pass it on. Look a gasoline pump prices in relation to crude oil - they have to cover the costs somewhere.
        I am not against farm safety , but when forced - with a huge cost - I will fight it or sell out. Not ready to sell out yet.

Comment

Federal or provincial, the majority has spoken. The majority having less in common all the time with business.
          Now is when our long neglected farm organizations step to the plate.
          Get involved or get used to the taste.

Comment

Voted NDP, even though not a ND supporter...still think it was better than the alternative...which was corruption. So far, I like what she is doing...involving CEO's and higher profile people on focus groups before some decisions are made. Some decisions she went ahead with were campaign promises, refreshingly, did them.
            Get updates weekly on royalty review, heard an add this am how to get involved in the safety discussion....so far, all good stuff. Waiting for the shoe to drop, but it hasn't....if she keeps this up, she may get another term...now wouldn't that frost some of you...;-)

Comment

we can only blame ourselves. after five people suffocated in grain this year along side numerous fatalities related to farming what did we expect?.as an industry we were not able to prevent these senseless accidents so now we will pay the price and have someone do it for us. whether we like it or not. the oil patch which i worked in for many years went through the same thing. the exception was many companies were pro active and initiated their own systems which at times seemed cumbersome but ultimetley were better than having some beaurocrat dictate useless safety measures that would interfere with operations.

Comment

I hear you binthere. But this is also a big job creation program in Alberta. The scope of inforcing this will be huge.

Comment

don't see what the issue is paying WCB? Do farmers not pay it in Saskatchewan for any worker or 2 they may have?

Comment

Have zero issues paying wcb for employees where I think the line needs to be drawn is at owners and in some cases family because no amount of insurance is going to cover the hole if I or my son gets hurt its part of the job risk and we accept that, wonder what wcb will say when I tell them IM the president of a company and that company generated a few million on sales last year and my sciatica is acting up will they cover it? From what I read they are looking to have everyone including chldren covered, I can raise and care for my own family nannyson the red thanks but no. employee are one thing stay away from my family thats my role not yours.

Comment

Well, no matter what legislation, I'm not swapping out my Wranglers and Cinch jeans for those poor fitting, high vis, shitty coloured safety clothes. Orange is NOT the new blue (jean).

Comment

European regulations and Australian support levels coming soon to a farm near you.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it is mostly about paying wcb coverage for workers? It could get out of hand if oh&s gets involved. I am not sure what their legislation will include. I may get pissed off yet.

Comment

We have had wcb for over30 years on our farm.It was voluntary.Never have had a claim.If all farms and feedlots would have had it maybe all this wouldnt be shoved at us. Wcb is probably one of the simplest programs we have been in.

Comment

Hutterites in stripes?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...