• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting drill!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Six circuit boards per pod...

Comment

Opener style aside. Its the gravity drop precision metrring from an air fed tank above metering wheel that i predict as future. Just me.
      I also maintain Bourgault has gone as far as they can with some of their technology. One size fits all sausage grinder auger into one air stream then section controled after. The only fix they make to a drill is to keep making it heavier per foot. Again, just my prediction..

Comment

When It's bought the Bourgault I told them their metering and distribution system was archaic....but it works and the many possibilities of blending 4-5 products(depending on how many compartments on the tank) into a double shoot system is nice.

How much hair splitting is needed to grow cheap commodity crops....the industry will steal your efficiencies anyway!!! If you could effectively get your canola seeding rate down to three pounds per acre....seed will cost $20/lb....
        Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 29, 2015, 22:19.

Comment

Agreed. There are better ways to do it. But along the way everyone forgets the kiss method. Paying for it all on thin margins.

Comment

Bucket,
            Maybe wheatnowcanola knows the price of one?
            Alberta cash price of course!
            I bet a couple of #Albertabriefcases coming to a Cervus AB dealership in the near future

Clear for departure

Comment

The pods are pneumatically filled, and there will be a tender cart system that will allow the tank to be refilled on the go. They are building this now and I would expect there will be some testing with It this spring. The disc in front opener is meant to cut trash and from what I have heard about the trials once they got the disc shape right works really well.

Comment

[URL=http://photobucket.com/]/URL]

I am sure it will continue to evolve. The packer "wheel" looks different than the configuration in the video Tom4G3 posted.

Openers look cumbersome. Are they going back to the old subsoiler type Gens and Flexicoil Stealth?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...