• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta Farmers offended by CWB...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kernel, boone, Please don't restrict my right of free speech, it keeps me going during the long cold dark winter days and nights.
    So kernel, now location, location, and location enter the marketing system. Property values would rise if a free market were established. Have you morphed into a REAL ESTATE mogal overnight or what? You Southern guys are the best and Northerners are the worst, be careful here, Uncle Sam fought a civil war over that concept and the North won. You guys feed the world, and we feed your cows. Wow how simple it has become. Now even a simple minded flunkie me is seeing the light. But then again maybe it is you who is the flunkie. You are definitely not a detective, trying to figure out who I am, you are a defective, self center, wiseguy. A spin doctor at best. Well good luck pal I'm here to stay, grasshopper land isn't to my liking at this stage of flunkiness!!! Relax boone, I've dealt with these sorts of fellows a lot during my sordid past, although I don't have papers that tell me I'm not CRAZY!! They say such documents actually exist, apparently.

Comment

Henbent;

Once again you have avoided the CWB forced extraction (Buybacks) of your fellow farmer's hard earned... blood, sweat, and tears... his own grain that he grew... not what you grew and paid for...

Again;

" Henbent;

Interesting how you totally avoided the question about the CWB... 1993-5 Manitoba fusarium wheat... and why you... Goodale, Weibe and Macklin deserved part of the value of this grain...

Meanwhile the CWB/CGC told these farmers to burn this wheat... cause it was not marketable! "

The buy-back this morning was;;

For a #1CWRS 13.5, $259.92...

Since the PRO is at $270/t, our "CWB COrporation" is selling #1 wheat... that they won't sell CDN Millers... to the US at subsidised prices...

And you believe this is lawful, fair, and worth defending?

Meanwhile if I want a buyback on feed wheat... which the CWB says it cannot market... the CWB is extracting over a dollar a bushel... on wheat it does not and cannot market!

Let me get this straight...

You support the CWB for taking $.30/bu export subsidy out of the pooling account... to export.. to the US...#1CWRS 13.5... through the buy-back system...

While the CWB steals over $1.00/bu from the poor farmer who ended up with feed wheat...

Why would anyone put up with this totally stupid system, Henbent?

Can you see now why the USA just put on a Tariff?

The Cattle guys know the CWB is their best freind... so my only choice to logically believe... is that you yourself are a cattle guy...

Principal is what drives many cattle people to object to the CWB...

ANd not the principle of self interest... but the principle of standing up for the truth... even if it will hurt they themselves financially..

Henbent, you can check my farm yards... I have not 1 cow, calf or bull on my farm...

You can talk to my freinds and neighbours... I have no financial interest in any livestock operations... other than to board some urban folk's horses.

I have lost 100's of thousands of dollars through the CWB in the last 10 years... BECAUSE I AM A WHEAT AND BARLEY GROWER In the Designated Area.

I myself have done the CWB buy-back... from the Edmonton AB area... and made mega bucks from your pooling account... through the CWB buy-back system... but this is totally wrong!

Shall I be required to steal from your Pooling Account to sell my grain?

Now why wouldn't I want too see things change... if I will ever hope of having any of my sons continue my farm... that has been in Alberta since 1881?

Comment

TOM4CWB, Good to have you back in the discussion, thought maybe you'd given up and were no longer interested in my frivolus comments. Where the heck are CDN millers, getting their wheat from these days, if the CWB won't sell to them? Are they importing it from the US or Russia? I've spoken to a baker from England who makes biscuits for KitKat bars recently. He said they are forced to use EU wheat flour, poor quality. Canadian wheat makes the best biscuits, but is no LONGER ALLOWED in England, because of GMO. The open market canola guys really did us a favour there didn't they. RR cr-- is an example of how wrong things can go. Excluding us from the European market, what a stupid mistake!! A huge rich population that can't/won't buy North American crops or products.

Comment

Henbent: I know you are working for the CWB now. You don't answer any questions directly and you round off at the head on some fictious rant, quoting case law that has nothing to do with the lying in this case.. You assume lying is lawful as long as all your colleagues agree. What makes you so right when you and the CWB do not and will not answer questions that are of concern to its shareholders.

Comment

Henbent:
            I happen to farm in South Sask. Probably in the worse part for freight to either port. I am a cow guy because I have land that is only made for a cow to walk across, yet between the ravines and hills there is some productive land. no, you north guys do not feed my cows.
            The difference is I'm tired of you north guys picking my pocket. Our climate dictates how much we can grow ie. 30 bu/ac. wheat vs. 50 to 60bu/ac wheat up north. Difference is my wheat normally is #1vs. your tough #3.
            But when it gets thrown in that great CWB pool. Who wins you.
            Not to mention the 40 bu canola and 50 bu peas you north guys can grow consistantly, and if you don't get are very upset.
            That is why I look at the US 25 miles to the south and think there is a better way. Bye the way this spring I will forward you a bag of grasshoppers for you to enjoy,freight paid.

Comment

henbent:
              Not sure what your British baker is talking about, England remains a good buyer of Canadian wheat. In 2001/02 crop year, the UK imported 359,700 tonnes of wheat from Canada; in 2002/2003 year-to-date, at 168,900 tonnes, the UK is our third largest wheat customer after Japan and Mexico.

And if you think it's the EU that has a problem with our wheat (and not just the UK), take note that Canadian wheat purchases by western European countries totalled 934,400 tonnes last year - just less than that the year before.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Comment

Henbent, you have lost any credibility that you may have had. I have been reading most of these posts with great interest and one thing is clear, you have avoided all dierect questions challenging CWB policies. Why? Let me tell you, Parsley and Tom are not some wild rednck fools looking for cheap feed, they are simply challenging CWB activities and as producers we should have that right.
                I farm in North West Sask. and so it is just not "cowboys" from southern Alberta" who want change, we are all over Western Canada.
                Buy the way, non-boad feed barley is more expensive in southern Alberta than anywhere in the world. Eliminating the CWB would do nothing to feed barley prices, what fool would even sell feed barley to the CWB, look at the volumes.
                Come up with some logical answers for Tom and Parsley and maybe your posts might have some credibility, you must work for the CWB, or have been brain washed because you will not defend the CWB with logical reason.

Comment

TOM4CWB et al,

First chaffmeister, I concede that you are correct, England is still importing Canadian wheat. My baker, must have meant that his company is to cheap to use fine Canadian wheat. GMO concerns are effecting North American sales in Europe, correct?

As for the rest of you characters. Lets get this straight once and for all, I am not seeking your blessings. If you don't think what I say is valid or credible, I don't care. It is hard to preach to the fallen. Having said that I pose this question to you guys. You are sitting in your office/bedroom/den or combination thereof in front of you computer, seeing and gathering information? You have the illusion that in the real world you can make a difference. You can market your own fine grain via the net internationally. Here is a piece of advice, first of all you are getting info from the MISSINFORMATION HIGHWAY and you are not a player on the world scene. You would have to depend on and pay brokers to complete a deal and they don't work for FREE. My broker is the CWB, they aren't FREE either. For gosh sakes, its been my experience that my neighbour the COW GUY down the road, is slow paying for feed he has bought form me. At times Small Claims Court is involved to collect. World scale marketing from home, yeah right!!

Comment

dnach, Here is another theory that comes to mind, TOM4CWB,parsley, and kernel are a group of brokers who feel that trashing the CWB will increase their business. Hence they point out the flaws in the current system and create general chaos. Nobody, not you or I or the CWB, hits a home run everytime at the plate. Heck I bet throughout the years even TOM4CWB, parsley and kernel have made mistakes. Well maybe not the kernel!!

Comment

henbent: There isn't any room for mistakes anymore. We have to hit the long ball. The CWB doesn't have to. Or if they do stike out,it's out of our pocket not theirs.

Comment

Henbent;

VERY GOOD point on marketing mistakes...

If I make a mistake... I am responsible and pay for this mistake.

When the CWB makes a mistake, and continues making more mistakes...

Are you Henbent willing to pay the cost of the CWB mistake on my farm?

This is the real issue.

I hopefully learn from the school of hard knocks... with blood sweat ad tears the cost of my mistake.

A CWB mistake is covered up by the great pooling account blanket... we just wonder why we normally end up a dollar a bushel short each year... with nothing to do but hope the mistakes aren't repeated over and over..,

too bad this hope is misplaced...cause until someone has to pay personally... it is very seldom that change is created to mitigate the problem that created the mistake in the first place.

Hence the CWB refuses to cash price... or else we could uncover CWB mistakes... then the CWB would be required to become accountable.

Even more serious to the CWB convenient pooling concept is real competition... because then any mistake becomes as visible as fireworks on a clear night!

Is it any wonder why the CWB refuses to offer modern risk management tools... when these tools themselves will prove the CWB is ridden with major accountability problems?

Comment

JACKFLASH, TOM4CWB, So the only mistakes that are made on your farm are made by the CWB? You fellows are going to hit a homerun each and every time. REALITY CHECK TIME it isn't going to happen guys!! I am leaving town for a few days and don't have a laptop or an extremely long cable connection to keep in touch, so have fun, feel free to solve all farm problems, by trashing the CWB. How about those gas prices, as high as 89.9 in some places and it comes out of the ground beneath our farms. Free market at work. Go figure!!

Comment

Hi guys I just read through this thread, wow what a bloody embarrassment for so-called southern tier farmers, this claim they subsidize the northern farmers. I am in the south, and trust me, you guys up north, some of these ill-advised comments (see kernel), do not represent southern producers at all! We are all in this game together, the moment we start pitting north against south within the borders of this country we might as well all give up. Just curious Tom4cwb, you have no livestock, you don't seem to have an off-farm job to make a go of it with all the time you have to reply to threads, your family has been farming the same land since 1881, are you one of these guys that "big daddy" gave the whole operation to? You must be, that is the only way someone in your position can make a go of it these days, alas the rest of us have to work 12 months of the year!

Comment

Dyno;;

My family has been very supportive to me, I will gladly tell anyone this fact.

We have built this multi-generational farm, with co-operation and hard work...

A life long commitment to the land, my family, and my community... has rewarded all involved in our farming operation... we together have built strong community relationships that add up to a business that everyone wins through good hard honest work... and by being blessed as we bless those who we are given the strength to help.

THis is why I KNOW the CWB can do so much more.... because by working co-operatively together I have seen constructive generation of wealth... creating a win win situation for everyone.

I concentrate on our farm marketing and risk management... and have spent my time where my heart is... in the dirt, and with my neighbours in the good times and sad times...

I hope this means I am not a lazy bum... if this was the message you were getting too...

Even if this is your opinion... I will still work till I can work no more... to improve marketing options for my friends wherever they are... and always believe concious informed choice is better than being a drone... as I believe this is the essence of being alive as a human being... a creative state given to each person... by our creator!

Comment

Dyno:
                                Yes Apologies are in order if I ruffled a few feathers. After I got a post secondary education, Daddy told me to get a job, so the nearest job that would allow me to farm and work. Was the oil rigs, which I did for 9 yrs., until a boomer chain decided to knock my knee cap off. Then I decided to use my head and worked for Monsanto for 6 yrs, until last May when the commitments of farm and family. This the first winter in 16 years, I have not worked a winter, so in the meantime we have doubled the cattle herd and tripled our land base.
                                I have worked with people all over western Canada, and have friends from the Peace to southern Manitoba. I know what people can grow,and market and buy.
                                I only pointed out a few irregularities that I see goes on at the farmgate,but I guess I got told to stay on the porch, so I will stand aside.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...