• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Varieties Deregistered and Checkoffs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the last time the CGC was right about anything the Titanic was still above the waves.

Anytime someone is going to hold a handful of grain and look at it, then tell the customer it's what they want, when the customer really wants to know falling numbers, percent of damage, and other specs, there's no wonder customers are scratching their heads.

Comment

I honestly believe grain sales are made on specs like falling numbers, protein, test weight, damage and who knows what else. So, that being said no one addressed the middleman's responsibility in this. With all the different types of grain grown, who knows what is "blended" at the terminal level. How much non-HRS gets blended into that class? Like I said, growers responsibilities are being clearly defined, what about everyone else in the chain? Keep signing those declarations.... almost worth about as much as the paper I use in the bathroom the way wmoebis explains the sampling process and the integrity of the way they are handled and stored.

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
        tweeter 46a76 is going to be deregistered

yes some of the wheats are reclassified
        I'm sure both people that grow a 1998 registered canola will be quite upset!

Comment

fool yourselves all you want.
          what even 20 yr. old canola , that's off patent , will you ever be able to use your own seed for , none.

if market manipulation is not the real intention. then freeing up those useless old off patent varieties , should not be a problem.
          should it.

i think we can hang on in the wheat end for a long time, wheat will keep . but peas lentils
          . with germ and seeding rates , it will be hard to keep up for a long time.

they may even to start with , give some pretty good deals , just to get the public varieties flushed out .
          once they are gone or de registered.
          look out.

Comment

Who do they think is going to be their policemen? the elevator companies, seed plants - dream on. If farmers would unite and say , "stuff it", they would be SOL. They need for us to be ducks in a row.

Comment

Anybody else find it rather ironic that Ritz would introduce freedom for farmers so we can sell grain out of our country without going to jail then turns around and introduces an act that will put us in jail for selling our own grain within Canada.

Comment

I find it odd that ritz got re-elected.

He wasn't representing farmers before and can't now.

Comment

I voted for that party, and have never felt as "sold out" by any one else. It was a bit of an eye-opener.

Comment

Our bogus farm groups, our so-called representatives let it happen and of course farmers for not screaming blue murder. But when a law is unjust, it should be turfed. NDP then there's Tom who speaks through forked tooth.

Comment

But don't the "blessings" balance everything out?

Comment

Don't worry varieties like Lillian and Unity will come back as CWRS eventually.

See when they are reclassified and worth less than CWRS farmers will stop growing them and they will be deregistered due to not being used.

Then they will come back as new and improved, under a different name, miraculously making CWRS specs.

Only this time we will be allowed to pay a royalty to the breeder that used our money to buy the rights to use the character traits of, or should I say reproduce/multiply, that old Lillian or Unity into this great new variety.

Oh! and guess who will be sitting on the BOD or will be CEO?

Comment

wmoebis, this is a side of you I don't see very often.

The fact "Lillian" is the only HRS variety with some resistance to sawfly and there is nothing else available in that class now concerns me. So you can grow it when there is sawfly pressure but you will likely receive less money for it in a different class.

When sawfly was a problem here, there was no pesticides to control them. They decimated the crop, you had to swath it before it fell over and the sample wasn't pretty because it was shrunken from the midge feeding in the stem and the stem being cut off at ground level and basically killing the plant before it had a chance to mature properly. We haven't had a problem lately but like everything else the cycle will likely repeat itself, with no variety in the hopefully higher value CWRS class to replace Lillian...

Comment

So not having customers isn't in the interest of farmers?

Comment

Like the difference between,

JD,

CaseiH

New Holand,

Versatile,

And Belarus.

There are customers for all of them.

The cost is different,

And the upgrades and integration systems... are very different... as are the customers.

Wheat, Canola... and all of our grains... are much the same.

A 1990 Versatile will do the job... on some applications... other jobs... not so much.

Comment

So what is the reason 46a76 is being deregistered? Anyone have the exact reason? Understand poor gluten strength on wheat but this canola thing is a bit foggy. Same as the bromoxynil resistant canola. Why did it get punted?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...