• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Varieties Deregistered and Checkoffs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maintaining international and national registration is costly. For a canola to be registered and sold in Canada it needs approval and registration in the top 7 exporting countries. Takes $$$$.

Events need registration too like MS8 and GT75, liberty and RR genes.

But then maybe its the checkoff causing all the problems, right?

Comment

You r trying to tell me there are ongoing costs to pioneer hybrid to keep 46a76 regustered?

Comment

Is there costs and on going costs to establish and maintain new classes of wheat then? How about regesturing old varieties into new classes.
        Why not just change the paramiters for Cwrs and what doesn't make them move them into CPS class.

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
          You r trying to tell me there are ongoing costs to pioneer hybrid to keep 46a76 regustered?
          LOL! Exactly. Who makes these decisions? Cuz I want a phone number for tomorrow. I want to know why it is being de-registered. If there is not due reason, who wants to take someone to court with me?

Suddenly the oil is no good, I guess.

We all know the reason: It is the ONLY herb tolerant canola which you can keep seed from year after year. I can not wait to hear the "reason".

Comment

Be interesting to see what kind of games we see when the patents are up on the ll gene and rr canola gene.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...