• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GARS premiums ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GARS premiums ...

Anyone else get their new premium quotes for 2016?
    Ours tripled.... Not sure wtf to think.

Tell Global Ag **** Solutions to take their sales pitch and shove it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Did you have a claim last year? The bright side is BASF will still give you a rebate

Ice Out

Comment

Maybe they hired some new actuarials?

Comment

Maybe they got you sucked in and signed up now time to tighten down the screws.

Comment

Apparently they think farmers are more mathematically challenged chumps than we thought. I listened to the presentation at a farm show a while back and thought there ain't no way a halfway competent farmer will collect on this and now there is triple the premium?

Comment

Ok, when you commit to a contract is it multi-year? Can't you just say ****-it?

Comment

That would be the obvious decision if premium is tripling!

Comment

That seems hard to believe. I haven't got a quote but I think most people were in that 12-16 per acre for 200 inputs and 100 margin. Tripling would be 35-50 per acre. They won't sell an acre at that number

Comment

I guess you just got the polite answer that they do not want you in their program anymore. That is ridiculous and I would be out of that program.

Comment

Our premium has never gone up. Under $10. $300 range coverage

Comment

I looked at it a while back seems like our area being hit hard the premium would be up. Most didn't collect as its a basket. Canola up wheat Ok Peas flood zero coverage. So Yes if your area had min problems you should be ok but areas that have issues with frost floods etc will be higher.
                        Now when the dryer times come back and it is a huge area that needs coverage I think some insurance programs will have a huge change. JMO.

Comment

Just waiting for some explanation from GARS.
                          Our premium was flat as well until now.
                          We had a negative year in 2014 when we lost our pea crop. 1/3 of our acres. No payment from GARS . Now premium is $28, not quite triple.
                          We had 3 years of increasing positive returns 2011, 2012, and 2013 negative 2014 then 2015 was back into the sanme positive range as 2012/2013.
                          Hmmmm , guaranteed revenue insurance ......
                          Will wait to hear back before commenting more , maybe there was some thing missing before we make any rash decision.
                          Any of you in drought area in 2015? JD green?

Comment

Has anyone actually been paid out on a negative year?

Comment

Furrow there definately needs to be some investigation on your part. 2015 crop was 10 days from point of no return when first rain finally fell July 1st. Overall 2015 crop was slightly above average. Huge spread in yields tho depending where a shower hit or missed

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...