• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Businessmen made millions on Regina land that wound up in taxpayers' hands

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know a farmer, he sold his land a few years ago at half the price of what it would sell for today. He says you would believe how many people ask or tell him" I bet you wish you would have waited and sold your land now at today's prices" his reply is nope! I got top price when I sold it, I've been able to more forward and do the things I wanted and needed to do!
    An awesome response! Real life and appropriate.

I could have substituted Pike for a pension fund, but chose not too. I do feel bad for those involved who didn't receive want was expected or anticipated, corruption or fraud?

Comment

It's laughable that nobody knew the bypass was going there - lmao ....

Comment

Funny how government departments are skinflints when paying regular Sask citizens for their land, but some "special" folks are exempt from these normal processes.

Sniff, sniff, sniff, pee-ew. What is that smell

Comment

I didn't read super close but I think this article is missing a critical piece of the puzzle in that it has been reported that Tappauf and Boyd know each other personally or through some other business relationship.

Comment

Easier to hide the kickbacks.

Comment

Tappsuf and Boyd farm in the same neck of the woods

Comment

Crooked as shit and the hard working tax payer gets the shaft. Wonder what kinda special kickbacks that french P3 provided inder the table. 2 billion leaving the Saskatchewan economy is crazy. The whole thing stinks and could very well bring down Wall.

Comment

The silence is defining

Almost wish it was a left wing move

But your team can do no wrong

Right?

100g an acre with a straight face

On the tax payers back

Bunch of **** sticks

Comment

Bucket is right, the optics of this look horrible. For months he also was ranting about the by-pass and friends of politicians benefiting.

Then there was the aanouncement of fiscal deficits. Well if they manage like this no wonder they're short cash. When the gravy train is pulling less money cars and shit like this happens..... what else was under handedly done.

Right before an election..... what options is there? Maybe some of the ministers need to lose their jobs, and I'm dead serious about this. If no one is accountable....that is sad.

And I AM a taxpayer, who bitched and moaned in a different thread....now I need to hear this? This is what I get for my tax dollars....some wealthy pricks get wealthier?

FIX IT BRAD! MAKE AN EXAMPLE OF THE RESPONSIBLE PEOPLE, SHOW THE PEOPLE OF SASK THIS KIND OF PRACTICE WON'T BE TOLERATED. "SOME ONE" IS IN CHARGE AND IF NOTHING IS DONE, THE SASK PARTY MUST CONDONE WHAT HAPPENED.
                    Last edited by farmaholic; Feb 6, 2016, 07:27.

Comment

Farmaholic

You think brad wall will fix this.

The fact he didn't fire people at the cabinet table when this went thru tells you he is in on the kickbacks.

Here are the guys that should be fired.

1. Bill boyd
                      2. Lyle stewart for not giving better advice as a senior statesman at the cabinet table.
                      3. The ethics commissioner.
                      4. The highways minister.
                      5. All of their respective staffs for not blowing the whistle.
                      6. Minister for the GTH.

This won't bring Wall down anyway. The others are pretty quiet.

More or less Harper got fired over a 90000 senator expense scandal and the taxpayers got repaid.

Wall could have finished highway 42 with the money 2 guys got.

No one is going to offer to repay 11 million dollars.

Anyone now want to talk about the 25 million dollars Saskpower paid for 145 acres? And look who is charge of saskpower.

Comment

Something is not right here - I agree Wall needs to have a look and I think there needs to be some house cleaning - some ministers need to go; If deals were struck on insider information - jail time. If Wall does nothing makes me question his involvement and maybe he is offering political favours to his friends.

Comment

RTK

You said. .." maybe he is offering political favours to his friends...."

There is no maybe about it. He is.

But he is the most popular premier in canada. Touted as the best replacement to harper.

Comment

According to the star Phoenix ,Bill Boyd's land Holdings INCLUDE land rented from

wow that does not look good

Comment

Bucket - yes I used "maybe" prehaps a little tongue and cheek... I think if he has nothing to hide in this transaction or other transactions/deals he would bring some light to this matter and take a stand. Unfortunately, I doubt this will happen and prehaps more unfortunate is that he still gets my vote because I see no other leader to lead this province...

Comment

"Boyd rented 2200 acres from Tappauf from 2009-2014".
                                Takes a blind person to think everything was above board and only a coincidence.
                                Boyd is known as a land hungry farmer in these parts...he just has a upper hand because of his part time govnt job.
                                Think Wall is good for this Provence and hope he knew nothing about this deal....Boyd on the other hand should be relieved from his part time job and told to go farming full time with his 30000 acres.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...