• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Businessmen made millions on Regina land that wound up in taxpayers' hands

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I think should have been done. Overpass at 48 and whitecity. Vic ave in Regina only needed 2 intersections. No need for intersections at Peavey mart, at Wholesale sports, at Tim Hortons, just before the Ringroad underpass. Turn those unneeded intersections into exits and entrances. Traffic problem solved 1.8 billion kept in tax payers pockets.

Comment

Bucket You were right on. You've been questioning the land deals on this project for a while now

Comment

Pilot Butte and Highway 46(trucking grain and other heavy trucking traffic) accesses off #1 are complete cluster ****s the way they are now.

Comment

No legitimate government would allow a bypass project on the flattest dirt in the country to triple cost over 3 years.

They looked at other projects and found out they could legitimately put money in their pockets without question.

So they did.

And to be fair ... every cabinet minister that put his hand up to approve the deal should have to answer to the voters.

I have calls in to my mla. Never got put off the phone that fast than to say...." we have requests in for lyle stewart to call you..."

If he waits long enough it will be greg brkich's headache.

There is more to these stories and that's why Boyd wants this in front of the courts. No comment is an easy out.

And ties up any furthur investigation.

And people wondered why I questioned Wall's abilities?

Comment

For some reason I'm suddenly interested in who the Progressive Conservative candidate is for my riding

Comment

Peanuts boys peanuts! Why are you guys calling for a hanging over a few million dollars? Every governing party in the world does this and far worse through backroom deals regularily. Some of you sound like a bunch of hens yapping about nothing. Let's look at mb. bipole 3 project (hydro ) original cost- 1 B. today's cost 4.6 B. ( 2014 cost ) hydro engineers wnt to run it down east side of lake wpg. ( much cheaper and 54% shorter ) but ndp gov. says its going down west side of lake wpg. no where else. They don't want to knock down a few trees. anyways the taxpayers will have to pay a few billion more for no good reason and that doesn't include the conversion plants needed and the 10,000,000 plus dollar "donations" to certain indian bands on the east side of lake wpg. Your dealing with peanuts in sask. boys, get over it. If you think the ndp won't do that and a whole lot worse you better think again! Peanuts.

Comment

If they want to manage this way... then keep your ****ing hands out of my pockets!!!

It's only the tip of the iceberg that's seen!

11 Million in a 2 billion dollar project.... what else is suspect? Does it sound any better than Manitoba's hydro project? Ours is just starting and long from over and probably not immune to budget shortfalls either.

I like what bucket said about the "waste" and how far it would go to improving some of the roads we call highways around this province. Go ahead and spend the money, but do it wisely.

Comment

Farmaholic

It's 11 million on a 21 million dollar purchase that should have cost 204 acres times 9000 an acre (that's ****ing retarded to begin with) Or 1.9 million not 21 million.

At this rate on the 2 billion bypass ..... a billion just vanished to the cabinet's friends by putting a pretty boy in as premier.

Comment

I don't agree with any gov. corruption either, but it's a fact there's gonna be some. I guess it comes down to voting for who you think is gonna do more good than harm. You may have a mountain or maybe just a molehill.

Comment

A little research shows even the Devine conservatives didn't steal this much but were sent to jail or repay the amounts in question.

Let's see what Wall does.....my guess .....nothing.

Comment

"I don't agree with any gov. corruption either, but it's a fact there's gonna be some"
                        Only if we accept it...and then the line gets foggier and foggier.....
                        And most people accept it if it is "their party", but no tolerance for the others...

Comment

....my stance is non-partisan.

Comment

It pisses me off more when it's the people I voted for.

I don't remember "fleecing the taxpayers" in their platform?

Comment

I just feel sad now. I thought there was a beacon of light worth sailing towards but it is gone it's not the money it's the principle

Comment

I just feel sad now. I thought there was a beacon of light worth sailing towards but it is gone it's not the money it's the principle

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...