• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egypt has implemented Zero Tolerance... for Ergot

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expensive bread leads to governments being toppled in Egypt.

It sounds like they are broke again not long after their "Arab Spring" that the media seemed to cheer on.

Comment

I doubt it was western canadian wheat, egypt tenders often filled with very cheap wheat. Perhaps it was s. Ontario soft winter wheat?

Comment

I'm with Tom on this one.
        Why haven't we herd a word from our own Watchdog. We had to hear about it from Reuters news.

What insurance and who covers if this happens? This could be just the start of this kind of thing. Have seen lots of export hay get rejected once over seas and break shippers ultimately ending up hurting producers big time.

8000t of wheat is small but what if it was a whole ship full of lentils, chick peas or canola.

Comment

The largest importer of wheat in the world is broke. That fact alone should ring alarm bells. Granted they will go hungry but what do we do with surplus wheat? Eat it ourselves?

Comment

It simply means: to export wheat it better be cheap.

Comment

8,000 tonnes of 2CWRS shipped out of St. Lawrence port in December.
              Probably was it. First wheat of the year to Egypt and it is rejected.
              Fool me once......

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...