• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COP

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COP

We all know what cop is even if we dont realy know our own,And breakeven. I wonder what cop would be say for a new JD tractor or combine. Thats taking out the R d because by now they must know what a tractor is? Do you supose they would blink at doing business our way on the farm?

My neighbour was telling me a person can finance a brand new 375 hp Versatile for 10 years. He claims $17,000 annually. This seems too good to be true. I have not been paying attention to any equipment prices so I dont know. I ass ume 375 hp is not enough for most farms these days.
    Driving a new tractor and better fuel economy and warranty is almost feasible.....next year of course.

Comment

A new 450 vers deluxe cab std trans high flow hydroponic 800 Firestone full weight package raven steering $16,227.00 semi annual lease 5 years no commitment... buyout option 125 grand

Comment

We have a 2375 and pull a Morris 61' with a 370 tank. It is a tow between so make full use of cart weight and travel at 4 to 4.5 mph.We farm everything from heavy clay to sand.

Comment

We have a 2375 and pull a Morris 61' with a 370 tank. It is a tow between so make full use of cart weight and travel at 4 to 4.5 mph.We farm everything from heavy clay to sand.

Comment

I would guess 200 percent of their cost. Hiway robbery anyway u slice it. Got some quotes on new combines (class 8) and unbelieveable prices with the dollar exchange. Will be running the old ones a few more years with the price of wheat the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
              A new 450 vers deluxe cab std trans high flow hydroponic 800 Firestone full weight package raven steering $16,227.00 semi annual lease 5 years no commitment... buyout option 125 grand
              Klause.... the tractor you describe should be perfect in the too wet areas with that high flow "hydroponic"!!! ...growing crops in water.

Comment

I'm thinking the dollar has the biggest impact on machinery prices right now...but had we ever only grew wheat over the last thirty years it would be like farming at a time I could watch the pyramids being built. Thank goodness for specialty crops. There responsible for ability to generate meaningful cashflow.

To me growing wheat is equivalent to summerfallow before continuous cropping became popular. But growing wheat before continuous cropping was easier. It needs too many inputs now....enter fusarium and midge and resistant weeds. I wouldn't grow it if I didn't have to....hard finding something to replace it in the rotation.

Comment

Terming out a equipment over 10yrs?
                  Lease for 5yrs than a 125k buy out?
                  Where the hell am I???

As BTO would say. #pay4them

Ice Out

Comment

I love it when you guys talk about how much in "cash flow" per year it costs to get some piece of equipment.

Cash flow cost whether lease debt or bank debt has no correlation to real cost of actually operating it.

Leasing will be the demise of many farms if it hasn't already as one can get talked into something worth more than the job you really need it for.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard5 View Post
                      Leasing will be the demise of many farms if it hasn't already as one can get talked into something worth more than the job you really need it for.
                      Totally agree with that. I love how guys brag about the lease only being X per acre. Let's talk about it in square feet than you clowns. That way it sounds cheaper.

Ice Out

Comment

Agreed....

Which is why we look at it as an investment and one we aren't attached to.

Bought a MF 4900 last year for 8K... Trading up to a quadtrack CIH for 30 and change...

That's basically a new tractor for the cost of 1 year of payments... We can wrench on everything here... so not necessarily need new.

Same thing with these yahoos hauling grain. Got a 2007 Western Star that we picked up for a steal, and a set of 35K grain trailers. They go up and down the road as good as the brand new shiny iron, but we can afford to park the thing for a month or 3 if there's no work.

Comment

I Disagree,

Thee Only Thing I Care About is My Cost per Acre, That's It, That's All That Matters2Me!!!!!!!!

#SmileWhenThatMoneyMake

Comment

Originally posted by BTO_farmalll View Post
                            I Disagree,

Thee Only Thing I Care About is My Cost per Acre, That's It, That's All That Matters2Me!!!!!!!!

#SmileWhenThatMoneyMake
                            i prefer My income per acre That's it That's all.
                            But hey whatever floats your boat BTO

Ice Nonleaser

Comment

No Sir,

Yous are Lookin at It All Wrong!!!!!! What Matters is Yer Gross Costs Per Acre, Whats it Cost Yous To Put That Acre in da Ground, All In!!!!!! That's Thee Only Thing We Wanna Know and Care About, That's All, That's it in a Nut Shell!!!!!! Trim da Fat, and da Rest is Gravy!!!!!!!!

Im Just Tryna,

#RunThruTheMoneyRun

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...