• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Negative interest rates are next will run on Cash happen!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 7 onz that's it for gold. Bought back years ago, like years ago. Did find a platinum ring in the ocean a few years back. Who says holidays cost.

But yes the big question is for how long have we been fed a story on banking.

Comment

Soo...my theory has been that lowering interest rates came on to support equities...mom and pop had to take out savings to get any return...wall street and banks control just about everything. Now the fear of market collapses is causing negative interest rates, so any money in the bank has to find a new home...which is in the markets, at least there is a chance of making money..
      Soo...is this the only way they can find more/take "investment money"...???
      Cotton??

Comment

Unsure of the position ATB is in. Have read they have more money on loan than they have on hand.

Maybe other banks do this too but it sure sounds iffy to me. I have a few investments there but maybe a guy shouldn't....

Comment

Who knows,
          Silver or gold,
          Will we still be here
          When the story is told?

Comment

ATB Financial
            From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            Alberta Treasury Branches
            ATB Financial logo.svg
            Type
            Crown corporation
            Industry Financial services
            Founded Rocky Mountain House, Alberta, 1938
            Headquarters Edmonton, Alberta
            Key people
            Dave Mowat, President and CEO

Brian Hesje, Chairman of the Board
            Products Financial services, Wealth Management
            Revenue Increase $1.5 billion CAD (2015)[1]
            Number of employees
            Website http://www.atb.com

Alberta Treasury Branches, doing business as ATB Financial,[2] is a financial institution and crown corporation owned by the Province of Alberta. ATB operates in Alberta only, providing financial services to nearly 700,000 Albertans and Alberta-based businesses. ATB has 172 branches and 135 agencies, serving a total of 243 communities in Alberta. Wealth management services are offered under the name ATB Investor Services or ATBIS. ATB has more than 5,300 employees. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, with total assets of C$43.1 billion (2015 Annual Report), ATB is the largest Alberta-based financial institution.

ATB is not a chartered bank, and unlike all banks operating in Canada, ATB is regulated entirely by the Government of Alberta, under the authority of the Alberta Treasury Branches Act, Chapter A-37.9, 1997, and Treasury Branches Regulation 187/97. The legislation is modeled on the statutes and regulations governing other financial institutions and other guidelines to financial institutions issued by the federal Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions and the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation. ATB Financial is one of fifteen financial institutions that participates in Canada's Large Value Transfer System.

Long and Short is: ATB can't go Bankrupt... unless the CDN/AB gov's do.

Comment

For sure, short the banks

Comment

90 percent of the gold and silver mines are bellow cost of production. Forget investing in the miners they will be nationalized anyways, forget buy the f#@#$# dip buy the f#@#$# physical. Buy, buy, buy because soon the chance will be bye bye bye.
                Last edited by biglentil; Feb 28, 2016, 13:25.

Comment

S/F , are you sure your not actually a Greek ? Boy the description sounded awfully like your life lol.

Comment

Cost of the bigger goldminers ( who produce most of the world's gold ) is anywhere from $750-$900 an oz.

Comment

Public Co's pad the books. Just like estimated oil reserves in middle east padded heavily. The easy to pick fruit is gonzo people.

Comment

Pretty tough for any co. in north america to cook the books for any length of time. They all get caught.

Comment

Perf,yes rates are negative to prop equities but mainly to stabilize bond markets especially sovereigns but it spins into corporate and private like enthrophy,a 200 trillion bond market with a 70 trillion global gdp is past the point of no return.They have to set the rates instead of the market setting the rates(which it normally does),because look at the math 10% of god knows how high debt=total bank wipeout=total sovereign wipeout=greece

its ends up debt default and restructure,just maybe never on this scale,half of the world defaulted on paper after ww2,and now everything points to ww3

One of the big problems the central planners are having is velocity of money,they need growth at all costs but nothing is moving,pushing on a string

Tom,i quarante that alberta bank system has more lent out then saved to the tune of 10 to 1,meaning if the book assets drop 10% your bank is toast,the back stop of the cdic is a joke,the government of alberta does not have the tools to deal with a banking crisis,the feds will step in and clense the books via qe,the legislation for full retard is already in place from flaherties last budget,bail ins,which i don't think will actually happen.

The checks will always go out,although it maybe wampum(look that up).

If you think your dollars will buy more gold in the future,well good luck with that.

Comment

Furrow after I wrote about Greece I thought about that. But I don't get a gov check.
                            Now on selling I am not going to liquidate land. Looking at farm transfer with rent to own years down the way to my sons. Cheap rent just enough. I don't need to sell my land but not buying any more today. It's a hard asset. But will be slowing down a bit more each year. Working like a fool doesn't work. Working works but insane working only gets you a early grave. Work smarter.
                            But on cash hording is the question. Hundreds and gold if the shit show happens.
                            Tom Alberta treasury is nice but won't be a savior. Same with credit unions guaranteeing 100 percent of your money. Oscars are on. Go Sly!

Comment

Farmers don't have money so no problem.

Comment

Might just as well upset Tom. Legally, you can take all the money across the line that you want. You just have to report it which is what legal means. Paper trail to prove it is not bad. Start watching "border security".

Ice, lad, have you never taken a bundle of 200k, all cellophane wrapped out of a bank. Give them to their next cash drop in our small communities, and if you can cover it, they will bring in all that you want. Just walk down the street, and put it in a safe deposit box. Suggest you ask for a large size one! (lol)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...