• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

milage

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

milage

what are your dealerships charging for coming and doing a service call I was charged 2.75 dollars per km and the guy just came in aregular half ton service truck. the bill for travel was 475 dollars

Please, don't tell us that was both ways. I assume the labour time clock started to tick the minute the Tech touched the truck door handle at the dealership when he was leaving.

There are a lot of people that need to be paid that actually aren't pulling the wrenches or nowadays punching keys that actually fix the machine:
    Service writer
    Warranty person
    Lead hand
    Shop foreman
    Service parts persons...seperate from customer parts counter people

Wouldn't it be nice if grain Producers could legally steal.

Comment

They are not making enough of the MUD deals - so *** the regular guy - just business.

Comment

Starts with the the oil wages, when oil goes back up it will be higher to get them out. It s a fact.
        As a group us farmers are really so stupid we support a government that is doing things only for their boys as we re paying the bill with a smile. Wake the hell up people. And I m not saying ndp is the answer as they sure aren't. Just saying we need to maybe look after ourselves. But we re too big and rich to do that aren't we?

Comment

It's just not equipment dealers either - it's the whole fukin AG sector that needs a bitch slap.

Comment

you're right furrow , but should start with imp. dealers . they're screwin themselves tho, shops were very quiet in tisdale , melfort , Kinistino , etc . backyard mechanics springing up everywhere !

Comment

What have I been saying for years. We're getting ripped off on all sides.

Comment

Look at that, both forms are correct, mileage milage. Learned something today.

Comment

What a whiner. Fix it yourself then.

Comment

tweety with all the electronics you can't do it lots of time it isa software update

Comment

Amalgamation, centralization and specialization of dealers has increased profitability therefore enabling the ability to serve you better.

Comment

The mechanic is in the truck so he could be making the dealer money instead of driving to your place. Those costs need to be covered so the cost isn't just the cost of the truck. You have the option of taking the machine to the dealer at your cost, so you need to compare how much to deliver it.

With newer tractor/seeder combo's at easily over half a million dollars, at 2% maintenance that adds up to $10,000 minimum per year maintenance costs that must be budgeted as an absolute minimum. A real number is more like 5%.

You also have the option to purchase equipment that doesn't have 17 computer modules, 865 connectors, and 67 miles of wiring. But if you do, be realistic of ongoing repair costs not under warranty.

If you're going to buy modern expensive equipment and farm a million acres, expect to proportionately pay for it. The prices you quoted for a service truck are not out of line.

Now if you got someone who was unclear which big machine in the yard was the tractor (you never mentioned exactly what was being worked on) then there is certainly a reason to complain.

Comment

If i'm wrong i'm wrong but if you feel like going out into theory it seems to me where we have a cost push problem,where costs are over whelming the price of the widget which itself is not keeping up in price,due to macro factors.

Comment

Cotton, do you mean we tend to throw things away because its cheaper to buy a new printer, fridge, washer and dryer, etc. than to pay retarded labour and parts prices.

Ever try getting an "old" vehicle repaired....at what point do you sink too much into it....then another repair needs to be made and before you know it you're so far into it you're married to it.

I had a printer where the paper pick up wheel (rubber) dried out and cracked up and wouldn't feed the paper. Had to order one for $10US plus shipping from Washington State. None to be found in Canada. This thing never wore out from use but time took it's toll....the ****en thing is still working. AND don't get me started on the price of ink cartridges compared to the actual printer. Something is really wrong with this world!

Comment

Bought a new combine last year, still under warranty and yet my repair bill is higher then the old one. WTF, Oh well I guess I will be the one pulling the wrenches from now on.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...