• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cool week ahead .

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool week ahead .

Looks like we will get frost 3 outa 5 days here
    Corn and Beans can stay in the bag for this week.
    A lot of early seeded canola is up now.
    Seeding conditions are still good but slowly getting dryer by the day .
    Most areas SW of here have dried right out .
    Rose town area was the worst. Hopefully they get a drink .

Lots of rookies seeded canola early in our area and will just be poping out in that time frame. Lots will start seeding canola next weekend in our area.

Comment

"Lot of rookies" ?? Man your so awesome sask3. You must tell yourself that in the mirror every night Or is it every morning?

Comment

V we have a lot of new guys from immigrants to kids taking over the fathers farm 3 quarter and expanding or only grew canola for 5 years.

But v give us some canola insight you speak about.

Comment

Maybe there should be a warning on the canola bags, "Susceptible to Frost".

Comment

If the guys had to pay for the seed again you wouldn't have stupid moves. But hey that's farming.

Comment

The young farmers around here are the most informed farmers around.Actually that is good to see.Get used to it Sask farmer.

Comment

Jwab in 46 years of seeding canola in our area to early is a disaster most years. Just saying. Yea most newbys are informed. Most have never seen bad times. Wing and a prayer. It's got to grow and produce big yields because you gave it everything and the rep said so.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                  Jwab in 46 years of seeding canola in our area to early is a disaster most years. Just saying. Yea most newbys are informed. Most have never seen bad times. Wing and a prayer. It's got to grow and produce big yields because you gave it everything and the rep said so.
                  Bingo. I repeat. B-I-N-G-O. Could not agree more.

Comment

I am sure you do not have a clue what bad times on a farm is like Sask farmer.The young guns got less to lose.Let them have their fun.

Comment

In 32 years I can count on three fingers or less the ones that were a cakewalk. Best years were lucky flukes but never were they awesome growing wheat and durum because of a bad acronym starting with 'C'. That's why we educated our sons, so they don't need to wreck their necks looking foe clouds.

Comment

Yup those young guys are so informed that on the radio I heard only 50 percent of canola seeds survive .... now do the math on the seed costs.

Comment

-4 and colder here this week. There's gonna be some wrecks canola stays in bag till 17th of may then go hard

Comment

more often then not it freezes around here last week in May . how do you beat that ? straw management is the key . canola will take a lot of frost if ground is fairly black

Comment

Lots of canola gets froze out around here. Some say it can take 6 degrees of frost if it's been hardened in ie. cold soil, previous cold during germination. If temps have been warm and it pops then gets even -1 it'll get whacked opposed to something with cold experience. Black soil I've seen with my own experience will help but really if it isn't hardened up it'll die like flies from Raid.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...