• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain or no rain that is the question of the day!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain or no rain that is the question of the day!

One more week or actually three days and I would have been at 50% done with just Canola to seed and couple oats if I feel like it.
    We did get to 40% done last night and actually had a great run. Best seeding in years up and back. Fields worked last fall were way better but you did have a little dust when seeding. Strait into ground the odd low spot you had to watch but other than that it was end to end.
    So will I complain about a little rain. The answer is no.
    Rain in moderation gives life to a parched earth.
    So I will embrace the rain that we are getting and hope it leaves us as fast as it comes.
    It looks like we will be on the outer edge of the rain and that is a great thing.
    Now the next issue is the cold temps coming this weekend on the back side of this storm.
    No crops are up in our area except a few early Wheat seeded on the April 29th to May first.

So haven't got to the farm yet but its seems to be a nice little rain.
    What did others get so far and where are you located.

We got three tenths in a few thunderstorms yesterday. Looks like it was about 4 inches. Creek starting back running.

Lots more forecast. Kinda sucks really.

Comment

These montana lows are tough to predict where they will dump in canada.For now the drought worries area has shrunk dramatic.watch new crop peas take a dip in price soon.

Comment

I think there is a Chinese weather God is this area blockin the rain - Soo Fooking Windy

Comment

Very dry here NE of Edmonton. Worked land in the fall will not germinate a crop without moisture. Going into stubble is better but will need rain to avoid spotty germination. Was -5 last night. No crops up so no damage around here. Buddy in the Peace said -6 and canola was up already. Some finished seeding up there May 1. Already looking for seed....

Comment

Sunny and windy here (west central ab). As usual. Freezing every night. Forecast is more of the same. So much for my claim of farming in the wettest part of the prairies. Can still claim coldest...

Comment

You can virtually see a bubble around North Battleford on radar now

Comment

2 tenths in the northeast

Comment

Maybe 2/10ths here. Looking better for next week for us with Tu-Fri showing rain every day. Maybe the wet season is upon us?

Comment

1/4" here. Could use a little more

Comment

I was up to lake today and Canora. Guy spraying north of town and guy seeding on way to park.
                      We had a whopping 1/4 inch, YES that's enough now lets get back seeding. Across the valley on rolled pea ground water sitting. That's not Helpful.

Comment

1/10th today..More on the way for tomorrow..

Comment

2.4 inches here in southcentral so far with more forecast to come. 80% seeded with some durum and large green lentils left to seed. Early durum up and off to the races. Red and large greens just poking through. Canola germinating but not up yet . Luvin the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by highwayman View Post
                            2.4 inches here in southcentral so far with more forecast to come. 80% seeded with some durum and large green lentils left to seed. Early durum up and off to the races. Red and large greens just poking through. Canola germinating but not up yet . Luvin the rain.
                            Must feel just great to be DRY, seed easily corner to corner, and a good rain ends your concerns! Enjoy, wish I was your neighbor.

Comment

unity area nothing but wind,
                              and have not had any all spring.
                              lots of dust and wind.
                              almost done the peas , and done the wheat.
                              find out tomorrow if my new to me BG 3310 can get the canola to moisture with out burying it too deep .
                              any tips would be appreciated .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...