• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 02-03 CWB PRO

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your question are relevant to understanding how the pooling process works and relationships between sale prices and actual payments farmers recieve. Because of the averaging process across time, customers and ports/domestic deliveries, this becomes very difficult. I find it interesting that some of the most vocal CWB supporters have the least understanding of this process. If they do, their task is to articulate the concept/process and lets have the discussion on this basis.

Comment

Charlie;

You wrote;

"Just as question to guage understanding of CWB pricing practices, what price would a domestic mill pay for wheat destined for an export market where the competition is subsidized wheat from the Europe Union?"

Is there any wonder why subsidies keep increasing in the wheat market?

It takes two to tango... and the CWB is not restricted at all, in dropping prices to "price discriminate" and "compete" against what the CWB precieves is competiton from the US and EU treasuries.

Now the CWB is going to tap into the Alberta Govenment's treasury... through the Spring Price Endorsment in the Crop Insurance program.

The CWB feels it is justified in ratcheting up the trade war... too bad it is a "designated area" farmer paying the cost... many times out if farm and community equity instead of CDN Gov. coffers... who authorises this insanity.

This system has no CWB self-dicipline other than to lower wheat and barley production... which by the way makes the CWB "Happy" because they have less work to do, when less grain is produced, that the CWB is responsible to market!

Just how many CWB staff workers were let go, in the past two years, even though CWB marketing volumes have droped by over half!

I don't know that there is one less person working for the CWB today, than was working for them a year ago.

SO how do we stop this vicious cycle of economic terrorism... if the CWB has no accountability or grasp on reality to shake the stupidity out of what they are doing?

Comment

Tom4cwb; You would have to go back through the Western Producer from about 1970-72 somewhere but I remember if memory serves me, the Palliser Grain Growers taking the board to task for stepping out of the durum market. They believed it was stupid after all our years of small quotas 4bu. being quite common, to not keep selling. Well as it turned out when the great grain robbery became obvious to all, they just quietly slinked back into the grass and delivered the next year for three times the money they would have received. Now I'm not saying this will offset todays possible mistakes or tommorrows, but let's see how this all comes out. If the damage is done us wailing about it here is premature and illadvised. Keep your powder dry.

Comment

Boone;

Here are this weeks prices:

April 04 03
          St. Lawrence Prices $CDN/t in store
          Milling Grade Price
          1 CWRS 13.5% 259.80
          1 CWAD 344.00
          2 CWAD 339.00
          3 CWAD 334.00

Thunder Bay Prices $CDN/t in store
          Milling Grade Price
          1 CWRS 15.0%253.76 over 15 Px
          1 CWRS 14.5%250.96
          1 CWRS 14.0% 248.15
          1 CWRS 13.5%242.56
          1 CWRS 13.0%248.16
          1 CWRS 12.5%250.96
          1 CWRS 12.0%253.76
          1 CWRS 253.76 under 12 Px,
          2 AllPxCWRS 231.36
          3AllPxCWRS221.36
          1CPSR221.36
          2CPSR220.26
          1CWRW218.56
          2CWRW217.46
          1CWES220.26
          2CWES219.16
          1SWS200.65
          2SWS194.55
          3SWS193.35
          CdaFd210.16
          1CWAD305.57
          2CWAD297.17
          3CWAD292.17

I don't care how good you may think CWB marketing experts may be...

It must be the farmer's right to decide, whether or not the grain this person grew, what price this grain should be priced at.

At what price, is it fair for the CWB to price this farm's and community's grain that person represents?

The answer can only be decided by the people who grew this grain, not someone who sits in the CWB, and doesn't have a clue what they are doing to our farms.

If I chose to voluntarily use the CWB... fine, then the CWB has the right to price at whatever price they choose...

But until this "marketing choice" option is created... the CWB is illegally expropriating grain... without fair compensation.

THe CWB tells us our wheat is worth $312/t, when we contract it(A series). Then 5 months later, the CWB says it is only worth $256/t... when it could have all easily been sold well above $312/t!

IMHO This is nothing but an organised crime... scam ....BOONE!

Comment

I've commented on this before and I guess it
            needs further adressing. The Gov't of
            Saskatchewan has been sending aid to the
            Ukraine for the last two years, this from a
            province that is barely developed itself! The
            agricultural economy HERE is in desperate
            straits! The Ukraine is not a third world
            country, definately not in the same sense as
            Ethiopia, or many other African nations. I
            find it hard to stomach sending aid to a
            country which lied about its grain stocks
            (DTN news) dropping wheat prices world
            wide and is now short of grain again! I hate
            to talk conspiracy but there are a lot of NDP
            cabinet minister's that are of Ukrainian
            origin. You don't see them sending aid to
            Ireland, Scotland, etc. ! Helping people is an
            admirable thing to do but can you really say
            your helping industry in Saskatchewan by
            doing this? Especially when everything
            here seems to be falling apart? You don't
            see McDonald's helping out BurgerKing
            when times are tough! Enough said.

Comment

What the NDP of Saskatchewan do has nothing to do with conspiracies or reality. It is only a matter of their total ineptitude and lack of intelligence.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...