• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AWB/CWB's loss of Monopoly?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AWB/CWB's loss of Monopoly?

If the Ausie gov. drops the monopoly, what effect does this have on the CWB?

I see on DTN:

AWB's Wheat Monopoly Under Cloud
    01/20 08:57
    -Perceived Loss of Support for Prime Minister Could Be Fatal to Monopoly

CANBERRA (Dow Jones) -- As an appalling week in the corporate life of Australia's AWB Ltd. draws to a close, the inescapable conclusion is that this marks the beginning of the end to its monopoly over bulk wheat exports - arguably its most important asset.

AWB enjoys the monopoly by government fiat, so it was particularly telling Friday when Prime Minister John Howard failed to offer support for its operation of the monopoly, and indeed backed away from it."

Monday in Canada will be another stage in the process of determining single desk status of these organisations.

Are these two monopolies dependant on each other?

Does the apparent downfall of the AWB mean the CWB is looked upon in a simular light?

I dont think it will help the CWB.

Comment

Tom what will probably happen here is AWB will lose "custodianship" of single desk before Govt does away with it,thats my humble opinion i dont agree with it i think thats the first step to full deregulation here in aust

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...