• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Candidates Stepping Forward for this Fall's CWB Elections

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Candidates Stepping Forward for this Fall's CWB Elections

Do you know of any candidates that are stepping forward to run in this fall elections in the 5 CWB districts? Got the question today from someone with the idea of spurring discussion. Hopefully there are no one horse races.

As a note, the CWB is a 3.7 bln dollar business so you need solid leadership and direction at the top. The election is also a good process to encourage public debate on CWB issues.

Information about the election process can be found at:

http://www.cwbelection.com

Why would MNP not have information made available now. Why wait untill Sept 5th? I can't believe that the web hosting could cost that much I understand about the phone line who wants to man a phone number that nobody will call untill later. but the website will probably the same as 2004 with dates changed. The whole election reveiw process was a waste of time/money as the recomendations were not implimented even with a 1 yr lead.
    Any predictions about the number of permit books eligable to vote this time? and will this election be the one where turnout is less than 30% note the date I made the call here!

Comment

CP..the quote"you need solid leadership and direction at the top".......What tense are you talking in..present or future? Ritters press release where he talks about those attempting change as"denying reality"is a BIT over the top for someone supposedly chairing a 3.7B corp mandated by gov`t.This REALLY shows the IGNORANT,ARROGANCE of the CWB.

Comment

http://www.agr.gc.ca/wb-cb/pdf/elect_e.pdf

Comment

I would like to nominate Andy Sirski of grain news he is the publisher of a well thought of indipendant Ag news paper and would have a hanle on all issues Ag related he would know about the international grain markets and how they work as well as For-ex has demonstrated the ability to run many staff. the most important reason of all he seems to have a little money of his own that he has made on his own, this director position would not be his best job, as in the case of other farmer elected directors.

Comment

should have read some of the farmer elected directors. sorry about the spelling mistakes

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...