• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Candidates Stepping Forward for this Fall's CWB Elections

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Candidates Stepping Forward for this Fall's CWB Elections

I posted this on July 19 but thought I should re-emphasize again.

Do you know of any candidates that are stepping forward to run in this fall elections in the 5 CWB districts? Got the question today from someone with the idea of spurring discussion. Hopefully there are no one horse races.

As a note, the CWB is a 3.7 bln dollar business so you need solid leadership and direction at the top. The election is also a good process to encourage public debate on CWB issues.

Information about the election process can be found at:

http://www.cwbelection.com

Charlie

I keep sending in my nomination papers and they keep sending them back.

Comment

WRAPper, maybe that's because you keep asking Charlie and I to deliver you slurpies on the combine and you might add those to your expense account if you were a CWB Director!! Grin.

Comment

From what I know of your location, you likely don't qualify (don't live in one of the odd - no pun intended - numbered election districts). You would have my support. I note your positive attitude to meeting customer needs and working with other members of the supply chain. These are the type of issues that need to be addressed in the election versus simply a discussion on single desk. The CWB is a very large organization and needs solid leadership.

Comment

OH it's the ODD districts not the odd people thats where I was wrong........... you should see this crop of Superb wheat we're doing today.. the best dryland wheat crop field I've ever grown and it's on continuous crop) I feel like I'm farming in the bannana belt closer to Calgary.

Comment

OH it's the ODD districts not the odd people thats where I was wrong........... you should see this crop of Superb wheat we're doing today.. the best dryland wheat crop field I've ever grown and it's on continuous crop) I feel like I'm farming in the bannana belt closer to Calgary.

Comment

WRAPper, that yield is going to your head - you're saying everything twice. Kinda reminds me of the guy in the Royal Canadian Air Farce skit in the donut shop.

In all seriousness, are you sending posts from the field with a Blackberry or are you using a web-enable cell phone?

Comment

We're combining right behind the house so in between loads I'm sitting on a lawnchair on the lawn with my laptop wireless routers are the best! Trust me this is a nice field to get to at this point of the run it's feeling like a long time since we started silaging/harvesting. A few more days on wheat a couple on Canola some clean up and a couple days of custom and it's hopefully a done deal.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...