• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couple more CWB estimates and farmers won't need CAIS payments!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple more CWB estimates and farmers won't need CAIS payments!

http://www.cwb.ca/public/en/topics/task_force/index.jsp

Summary of annual CWB benefits and services
    Annual net benefit

Value of CWB single desk marketing approach for wheat
    $146 - $255 million

Value of CWB single desk marketing approach for barley
    $59 million

Value of CWB single desk marketing approach for durum
    $92 - $103 million

Tendering and railway and terminal handling agreements
    $38.1 million

Net interest earnings
    $66.2 million

Approach to managing delivery system access
    $115 million

Terminal blending
    $7 - $10 million

Farmer access to producer cars
    $6 million

Total
    $530 - $655 million

Canadian Wheat Board benefits to farmers (millions of dollars per year)
    1. Wheat price premiums $212.0
    2. Barley price premiums $57.6
    3. Total net interest earnings $68.5
    4. Transportation - Terminal rebates, penalties, tendering, & despatch $43.3
    5. Transportation - Capped freight rates $225.2
    6. Transportation 3 – Railway “Level of Service” complaint $3.0
    7. GM wheat - Market loss $84.6
    8. GM wheat - Agronomics, fusarium, etc. $80.0
    9. Blending $30.0
    10. Market Development, risk management savings, producer cars, etc. ???
    TOTAL $804.1

Sorry incognito but as an australian farmer who has watched the AWB unravel with similar rheotric over the past 20 years if you expect anyone to believe a word of that you are insulting everyones intelligence
    As your aware the so called premiums in the australian market were gained by illicit means
    And they charge us $65 million for the pleasure of running a single desk that god i dont have to use it.

To all you canadian farmers keep a close eye on what is unfolding in aust as all monoplolys only tell us what they want us to hear ie half truths

Comment

You have got to be smoking something CWB premiums No more CASIP
      US price delivered for Durum 5.75 Us (6.48 canadian)
      40000 Bushels $259,000.00
      Selling to the CWB using PRO $154,000.00 Loss to ME by using CWB $104,600.00
      So keep preaching CWB, HA Ha. Also why is the cost of Elevation etc. higher at canadian grain elevators VS US are we getting skinned their two.
      Extra costs by these would almost pay my trucking to US terminal.

Comment

I want to take each of those "benefits" from the NFU and CWB and dissect them to show just how bogus they are. In fact I already spent about 2 hours the other day doing just that - but I didn't post it. I'm beginning to feel its a waste of time to show the CWB and its blind supporters how misleading and irresponsible much of this crap is. Those of us that have the experience to know when the crap is being tossed around and know the right questions to pose, get no appropriate response from the CWB camp - and the discussion fades away (which is exactly what they want). The fact that some of these guys on Agriville are CWB reps or directors makes it nothing less than an injustice to Western Canadian farmers that is reprehensible.

Just one more level of unaccountability.

Comment

not smoking anything......

no one challenges these #'s so they become gospel - media pick them up and if enough farmers hear it enough times, it must be true.

strange practise but they have been using it for so long and it works - so why change it....

Comment

What the CWB makes me as a farmer is what I receive for my grain at the end of the day. In comparison to what American producers are receiving for the same types of wheat and barley I would suggest all those premiums must have got lost in administration.

Comment

Incognito;

Is the only way out offering the rest of Canada the CWB... and all these "benefits"?

Through a plebicite? Province by Province?

Comment

I don't think that Manitoba's Ag Minister knows what she opened up...nor did AB when they had their vote.

It is a Liberal tactic they used on other issues, that they wouldnt use on this one because they wouldnt win AB.

How many farmers in Ontario would vote to get in the CWB or go back to the CWB having authourity over them?

You can't have one country with separate laws for the provinces unless everyone is treated equally or what are we doing keeping this country together?

Want to watch the BQ squirm?

Wayne Easter and his beloved PEI?

Let them vote on all commodities having a single desk. ALL - no exceptions. If it is so good for wheat and barley in western Canada, that same concept must be adopted for the rest of the nation - for the good of the nation.

Equalization - righttttttttttttttt....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...