• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Study Using Gray's Methodology Concludes CWB Performance Sucks

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Study Using Gray's Methodology Concludes CWB Performance Sucks

<a href="http://www.bus.ualberta.ca/wcer/pdf/98print.pdf ">Click on this sentence to read the study.</a>

Published by the University of Alberta School of Business, the study looks at the CWB's marketing performance over the last 5 years using the performance criterion proposed by the 2001 ‘Gray Report’ and accepted by the CWB’s Board of Directors.

Comment

The author, Richard Pedde, a self-professed CWB-supporter, focuses on the net farmgate prices received by Canadian farmers under single desk selling and the net farmgate prices they would have received in the absence of the CWB

Comment

From the press release.

<blockquote>"Pedde’s study follows the accepted methodology and uses five years’ data for six types of grains. Thus, prices paid on particular days by certain elevators at specific delivery points in Montana and North Dakota are compared to prices received by Western Canadian producers at similar locations. The results show that Western Canadian producers received lower returns than comparably located producers in the Western US for most grains and grades. The conclusion is that there is no “superior performance” by the CWB." </blockquote>

Comment

Pretty sad, even using their own board certified measurments doesn't get the board of directors the results they want to see.

Comment

Okay guys time to explain yourselves again.

You're on the inside, we're supposed to trust you on all this stuff. And now we find out once again you are not working on our behalf.

What gives?

Comment

Okay guys time to explain yourselves again.

You're on the inside, we're supposed to trust you on all this stuff. And now we find out once again you are not working on our behalf.

What gives?

Comment

I heard Measner on a radio show last week talking about how you guys are constantly using benchmarking to see how the board compares to other players.

So what's the scoop, is Gray's methodology right or wrong?

Comment

If its right and you guys have been carrying on buisness as usual you are not doing your job.

If its wrong, then how is it wrong, and how can we trust any of Gray's other work?

Comment

More from the study

<blockquote>"The most general observation from this data set is that CWB performance is not consistently superior to the naïve strategy in any of the grains or any of the grades (Tables 6 to 11 below). More specifically, there is no evidence of a consistently positive performance in any of the grains or grades, supporting the premise that grain markets are efficient."</blockquote>

Comment

Another interesting tid-bit.

<blockquote>
                      "The CWB self evaluation of 2000-01 claimed that Canadian producers received $10.49 per tonne more at the farmgate. This analysis shows for #1CWRS 13 to 15% the return was -$6.74 against the average of daily prices over all 5 regions."</blockquote>

Comment

Fransisco,

I believe it is time to apply my seal of approval!

"The largest wheat and barley plantation in the world (known in the CWB Act as the “designated area”), is made possible by CWB "Single Desk" Communist Con Artists. Since becoming one of Canada’s biggest deceptions, the Winnipeg-based organization now dumps grain confiscated by it into over (70) countries around the globe. It then extracts massive and rising "marketing costs", from its lackeys to better the lives of the CWB Masters.”

Comment

Tom: The "Designated Area" is not a plantation. Away with your master/slave relationship...it doesn't wash.

Comment

Yes Maaaster,

I will tell the family you won't let us have our freedom yet.

Thanks for the Consideration!
                            From the plantation
                            tom4cwb

God Bless Canada!

Comment

Maaaster,

I hope I have not offeneded you Maaaster.

I took the liberty of looking up "plantation" and found this:

Plantation economy and Slavery

"Early 20th century USA photo: "Negroes picking cotton on a plantation in the South"

Slave labour was used extensively to work on early plantations (such as cotton plantations) in the southern states of the United States, and, in modern times, low wages paid to plantation workers are still a part of plantation profitability in some areas with minimal employee-protection legislation.

Sugarcane plantations in the Caribbean and Brazil, worked by slave labour, are also examples of the plantation system.

In more recent times, overt slavery has been replaced by para-slavery or slavery-in-kind, including the sharecropping system. At its most extreme, workers are in debt bondage: they must work to pay off a debt at such punitive interest rates that it may never be paid off."

Maaaster, I thought this might be acceptable... as a definition... Please ffforrgive me if it is nnnnot?

"Others work unreasonably long hours and are paid subsistence wages that (in practice) may only be spent in the company shop."

TTThanks Maaaster.. for your ccconsideration!

From the Plantation,
                              tom4cwb

God Bless Canada!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...