• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB still can't get their numbers right

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB still can't get their numbers right

I see in this weeks Western Producer the headline "BRAZIL BUYS CANADIAN WHEAT".

The bottom of the article reads as follows:

But the buyer,Grande Moinho Cearense, said it paid $200 US a tonne f.o.b.,which was higher than the amount the broker had claimed.
    Canadian Wheat Board spokesperson Maureen Fitzhenry said the claim of a discounted sale was wrong.
    "He was not involved with the sale and has no knowledge of what those prices were",said Fitzhenry.
    "I can assure everyone that the wheat board is selling into Brazil at premium prices."

-------------------------------------

Hmm, a story runs in Brazil only, about a great discounted wheat buy, but through the magic of google, this info comes back to Canada pretty quick, and is made public on the great forum. In the meantime I'm sure a call was made to explain the finer points of buying from the CWB, chiefly if you want to keep buying at a discount, don't reveal the true price, just say "you paid a premium price" and leave it at that, got it.

The funny thing is though that the price he revealed ($200/t US)was still at a $10t discount to the then current market price ($222/t)or more depending upon whether that $222 was in $US or $ Cdn and not even mentioning that wheat has rallied $.75/bu since this sale.

CWB definition of "Premium"

Any price which is higher than the very first lowball bid offered buy a buyer.

Hey Adam...neeed a ray of sunshine ?Phone Bitzhenry and discuss her comments......you`ll be lucky IF she doesn`t hang up on you!!!Definetly a candidate for stress bonus cheque!!!!!!!!

Comment

Good post guys this premium market is a farce.

Note from CWB to buyers

1. Always say to public you paid a premium or will be cut off cheap wheat. Ops I meant high price product. HE HE.
      2.If market is at 240 come in at 30 to 40 percent off that we have a volume discount but its not published so just low ball us we will probably take it.
      3. Do like warbiton Always praise how we do business it makes us look good at home.
      4. Just like the big guys do buy some nice CWB soveneers and we will throw in a couple million metric tons just to show we love you guys.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...