• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the CWB ask the gov't to cover the shortfall?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should the CWB ask the gov't to cover the shortfall?

From another post

"I'm also curious to know more about what Kevin Hursh is saying here.

"Big turnaround in durum sales situation Durum producers are able to market all they want to sell this year – a big change from the previous two crop years. Sales opportunities are so good that the Canadian Wheat Board has issued a Guaranteed Delivery Contract for No. 1, 2 and 3 durum. Guaranteed Delivery Contracts have been issued in the past for No. 4 and No. 5 durum, but not for the top grades. With the GDC, producers who have not already committed their durum under a delivery contract have another opportunity to move their grain. The sign-up deadline is July 31 or earlier depending upon CWB sales commitments. Delivery opportunities are available immediately upon sign-up. For this crop year, the CWB has accepted 100 per cent of the durum offered by farmers under delivery contracts. In the previous two years, that was not the case. This led to some problems. Some producers inflated the amount of durum they offered for contract so they could move a greater volume. The CWB implemented a bin audit system to cut down on abuses. In the current situation, some producers may want to hold any uncommitted durum and sell in the new crop year since the new crop Pool Return Outlook for most grades is five to ten dollars a tonne higher. Other producers may want to sell in the current crop year due to cash flow and bin space considerations. I'm Kevin Hursh."

I must not be looking at the right place on the CWB website for it."

If producers take this advice of holding crop into the new crop year for a higher price would this this not be similar to the barley situation? How dare he suggest it, orderly ,marketing and all.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...