• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barley Freedom Fighters' Day

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barley Freedom Fighters' Day

There were several messages that cam e ourt of Barley Freedom Day

1.Although, initially, there was real disappointment over the court decision, committed choice proponents came to the conlusion that this was just one more blip in the choice-radar screen. And the end-reaction was to pull up our socks, dig in and fight harder. A lot of committed folks out there got really ticked off.

2. There was a verbal realization, by so many folks I spoke with, albeit quietly done, that the courts are filled with Liberal hacks.

Example:

When Dave Sawatsky was charged with running the border in the 90's, there was a loophole in that there was no requirement for him to flash his license at the border.

So Goodale quickly slapped in an ammendment to the regulation requiring the next border runner to not only have the license, but to report in at Customs, on the way by. Report in writing.

This ammendment to the regulation of Goodale's was challenged in court, but the court claimed that the Gov in Council has a right to make an ammendment to a regulation.

This time the court said the ammendment to the regulation was a no go.

It's all about politics.

It is a problem for our country.

Big time.

Parsley

PS

So what it means is that the present Governor in Council can reverse the Sawatsky decision, yank out the requirement to report in writing at the border, tell Customs to snooze, and let the CWB hang out to bloody dry because they don't know who is trucking where or when or how much

Skin the CWB cat, I say. And hang the pelt on agstar's tractor antennae.

Another loud and clear message was that the Friends of the Board have absolutely no care about the economic welfare of their fellow farmers. The ONLY thing the FnFriends of the Board care about is their political ideology.

Never mind that philosophy has put everyone's wheat books in the red, they just want more of the same.

Farmers who sat on the fence are now gdm infuriated.

I will do everything I can to encourage this Government to have a quick wheat vote. Choice wheat farmers clearly deserve their agenda put on the table.

Sympathy for Board lovers has nearly disappeared and I predict a vote will reflect that sentiment.

Parlsey

Comment

There is a consistent and loud and clear message coming from both the Federal Government and choice supporters in the farm community.

They are speaking the same language.

And they have re-confirmed their committment....TOGETHER.

Davis Anderson came out to the Barley Freedom Fighter Day, and he did not mumble or hedge or blink. He knows what he was elected on, he knows what he stands for, and he stood strong. That is who and what choice supporters have backing them.

Anderson is NOT a Roddy Flaman.

Thank Gawd.

Parsley

Comment

Would sure be interesting to see how much barley those "friends" have actually grown for the cwb over the past years.

The southern AB guy doesn't live in what I would consider a large barley growing area. (I may be wrong)

Comment

Parsley, whether or not this country is being "run" not governed by corruption, it is very sad that the minority can dictate policy that continues to destroy the farmers in the West. When I was young my mentors predicted that there will be a revolution before we have freedom. By the way, many farmers hauled wheat and barley across the border as seed for many years in the 60's and early 70's. It was legal.

As I was raised a farmer and can't help but live and breath farming, I witnessed the destruction,moral degredation and even imprisonment of progressive farmers, with total disbelief. I fully expected that our forefathers would be proven wrong nad change would be forced. I would tell them,"times have changed and constitutional individual rights would force the enforcers to see that they are wrong. Courts would surely intervene for us- but No. " How can this atrocity be ongoing in 2007? One "human" denying "us" the right to be treated the same as farmers in Ontario, Quebec, most of B.C. and The Maritimes- knowing full well what it is doing to farmers? At Portage on Aug 1, 2007, I looked at the disappointed faces of honest, hard-working farmers and asked myself, "What can I do to help?" I can cancel my permit book, grow non-board grains, I can refuse to deliver even 1 bushel to the board,I can support free market groups and political parties that agree with farmers, write letters to my M.P. and I can tell everyone I know, that farmers need a chance at freedom. They voted and even the CWB knows this is true.

Until then, there are areas ( that even the judges can't touch) available to the minister. He can ven the playing field and allow Western Farmers the same no-cost buy-back that other farmers enjoy. The implementation of new regulations will diminish the effect of the court ruling until we can appeal. Until we hear more news, Good Luck with harvest everyone and Take Care!

Comment

All the Minister of the Canadian Wheat Baord has to do is to instruct the CWB to issue export licenses to Prairie applicants.

If the CWB does not comply, they are disobeying a ministerial order and are subject to dismissal. Wouldn't be a bad thing to clear out a few out of the Licensing Department if they can't take an order from thsir boss.

AND the bureaucrats in Ottawa who did not pursue this avenue, and recommennd it to the Minister, should be dismissed, as well. They are not worth their weight in salt.We can have export licenses overnight.

Parsley

Comment

Do you think that the minister has the will or the people to oversee the permit process and make sure that the permits are issued quickly with a minimum amount of bureaucratic red tape and requiring the least amount of information? I can see a resistent bureaucracy trying to undermine the process.

Comment

When a ministerial order is given, if you don't obey, it is grounds for dismissal.
                Might need one or two canned on the spot, considering how brazen some of the CWB have become, but the fired employees will get the hang of it fairly quickly.

Obey or pack.

Parsley

Comment

Kinda like Measerly did!Still whining from the sidelines(CTV).

Comment

He's in the "Friends of the Board" pack.

What has he been whining about on CTV? I"ll try and look it up tonight. Am trying to catch up on some Agri-ville reading too!

Parsley

Comment

Cropduster,

I COuldn't believe how incoherent that Measner was...

All about the democratic choice of grain growers?

Measner should have a long hard look in the mirror... and give his head a shake.

Barley growers voted... just as they have for 10 years in CWB opinion poles... to request the CWB change the way it markets barley to a multi- marketing optional system.

Measner and every single minded person at the CWB know this fact.

Do they respect our requests?

NO.

WHY?

Because we are too stupid to know what is best for our families and farms?

Reminds me of ole Bob R. and his article saying the CWB and Feds are grain farmers "Big Daddy"

SICK... and they he went on to say he was afraid of being blown up by his mail when he opened it!

I wonder why?

Comment

He needn't worry about choice farmers. Choice farmers believe in choice, not force. Not violence. Not jail. Not fines.

Choice farmers believe in co-operation, and teamwork and picking partners, and working together.

Wheat Board mentality advocates force, so poor old Roehle could only fear what he believes in, and advocates and enforces.

He cannot envisiona world where choice is the way of life.

Parsley

Comment

Parsley,

I agree, well put.

That Roehle is still around after he said so many insulting and dumb things is a testimony that proves you are RIGHT.

Respecting and loving our neighbour/humankind requires people who are, Caring, Honourable, Humble and Patient.

Thanks Parsley for being all of the above... and to ALL you folks that put these principals ahead of personal short term gain...

People who believe in the principle that if we take on a project... it is worth doing well... we will finish what we started.... NO Matter who tries to trip us up as long as we draw breath!

These are the principals that built our strong and fair Canada!

Comment

The barley pleb was PHONEY from the get go. A flawed process, that was flouted to be the best thing that ever happened to Western Canadian Farmers. Thank goodness for due process. Yapping and BS does not a market make. Current grain prices have nothing whatsoever to do with Angriville opinions and strategy. These are facts that you duds can put in your pipe to smoke! Careful now don't get to high, and forward sell all your crop, ha, ha, ha!!!

Comment

Nothing wrong with the barley plebiscite. The only other way would be with a 2 question vote, with 75% majority required in favor of cwb. At least that's the way it's done in Quebec to establish a compulsory marketing board.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...