• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DID FEEDLOT IN SOUTHERN ALBERTA DROP SILAGE GROUND!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DID FEEDLOT IN SOUTHERN ALBERTA DROP SILAGE GROUND!

I heard a rumor the other day and I am wondering if any one else heard it. A large feedlot had dropped 10000 acres of silage ground. If that is true it means they are not going to have very many animals this fall and next winter.

Numbers will be down and have been all winter. Combine that with a huge corn silage crop last year,increased use of dried distillers grains and cheap hay to cut there is a large silage carryover in Southern Alberta. I would imagine there will be 10000 acres of irrigated canola grown there instead.

Comment

They might be planning on buying hay for those animals with the money they get from grain and oilseed production.

Comment

oops iamthemole, I didn't refresh and see your response before I posted. I agree 70bu. canola at $14 a bushel beats the heck out of silage.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...