• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new spring advance rates

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new spring advance rates

I just talked with the CWB (nice they are open today) and they said the advance rates are:

175/T for spring wheat
    200/T for durum
    85/T for feed barley

Wow, thats a lot of cash (vs last year). They have the priority agreements on their website already for your banker and forms should be available a couple days before April 1.

I am trying to sort out my cashflow and these are big numbers, I sure hope the PRO's live up to them. Has anybody heard what the canola and pea prices are going to be?

Note: Since this is not a CWB program but an AAFC program the CWB administers I can still say

SCREW THE CWB

I talked to canola growers this morning and they said the new rates wouldnt be out until april 1. It would have been nice to know before we have to select are crop insurance coverage on march 31!

Comment

Its not aafc program its the Prairie grain advance payments act.

Comment

How the program works
        Producer organizations deliver the APP on behalf of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC). Producers can apply for a cash advance through a producer organization - not directly from AAFC.

http://www4.agr.gc.ca/AAFC-AAC/display-afficher.do?id=1179174123026&lang=e

Nobody has any inside info on canola?

SCREW THE CWB

Comment

Sorry that came off rude, I save that for CWB rants.
          It is a AAFC program, it isnt the CWB helping us out, I assume it is a source of income for the CWB the same as the Canola advance is for the Canadian Canola Growers?

Comment

I just talked with Canola people, the rate is 250/tonne and all advances will be filled out by them over the phone and mailed to the producer (have your crop ins info in front of you when you phone).
            They hope this will eliminate the numerous phone calls for missing information.

Comment

What about flax,oats and canary?

Comment

The rate for all wheat is $150, Durum $200.The forms are on the CWB site.

Comment

Too expensive a premium to take out a spring advance.

100000 dollars comes with a expensive crop insurance premium.

I might as well talk to my banker for cheaper money.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...