• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guy straw mastering and Burning Stubble East of Calgary

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guy straw mastering and Burning Stubble East of Calgary

Just back from Skiing and seen a guy straw mastering and burning stubble East of Calgary.
    Also warnings out in Alberta, Not about forest fire situation but about grass fire situation. Their is lots of Snow in Mountains but once out nothing till Regina Moosejaw.
    But snowed north at farm last night 6 inches.

Seen a guy seeding just east of Calgary yesterday. Heard it was HRS

Comment

Did you see the guy with the two new Seed Flunkies that are just about ready to seed.

Comment

Funny to hear about someone planting in western Canada when the weather forecast says it will not get above 0 for the next 5 days.

Comment

I am the mole You should have stopped the vehicle you were in it was a Degalman straw master. ANd as far as seeding HRS HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA>
          Maybe the truth should be working up winter wheat fields and seeding peas canola and flax and mustard instead of BS with Wheat.
          Because of the CWB wheat is dead again in canada.

Comment

Saskfarmer. What is a seed flunkie?

Comment

Seed master, great drill just I like to give it a different name.
              I don't think its built quite as strong as the seed Hawk.

Comment

lots of moving parts,really hope they work in the long run.

Opinions?

Comment

From what I understand Seed hawk and Seed Master have about 1/4 of the moving parts as other individual opener seeders

Comment

Know a guy that had a new seed hawk for two years - its gone. With all the hoses he figured after he had put 1 barrel through the tractor from a blown hose maybe not such a good idea. After the second barrel he said hello again to a flexicoil.

He also had trouble with the packer wheel spindles breaking.

Comment

Just back from Vegas/ yellowstone. saw quite a few drills goin between Miles city and plentywood Montana. Also a few floaters puttin on fert.
                      Snowed like crazy between yellowstone and bozeman. Talked to a few guys when fuelin up or eatin etc and all said no runoff at all this year and absolutly no moisture found when soil testing.

Comment

RY Did you talk fertilizer prices? Perhaps they would like to send some cheap fert. back north where it came from.

Comment

Father heading home next week from USA and trying to get him to do the Texas to Winnipeg run and let me know how the Winter looks. But I know one thing their is a line from Weyburn to Grenfell to Yorkton and East. Any thing east of this line is getting spring moisture. Any thing west is missing. Hopefully this isn't our spring weather system.
                          But then just when the experts talk huge crops mother nature has a way of helping stop that.

Comment

They quit complaining about fuel, chem and fert prices when i listed what it costs us up hear. Nobody i talked to had bought fert since fall/christmas. Roundup original max ( whatever that is) was advertised at 124.99/jug, a couple guys said generics were equal to or more than monsatan stuff. they were staying with generics as much as they could except where seed program specified monsatan product. Most guys still had some grain unpriced in the bin (a couple said they hadnt sold any after filling contracts on presold from last year.Most said corn and beans were gone or priced during rallys. Some rumours of $9 malt contracts in ND and MN.from guys i talked to in vegas.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...