• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My FNA Nitrogen showed up today

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My FNA Nitrogen showed up today

After ordering/paying in Oct. My 46-0-0 has showed up today looking like very good product.
    No dust, I was worried after hearing horror stories about off shore stuff.
    The granules are a bit bigger than Canadian stuff so I'll have to recalibrate, on those loads .
    A few more big chunks than I would have liked not many about a pail full of stuff that would not fit through screen on the old wheat heart. But I wonder how many small ones got through, I do screen going into the air tank anyways, so should not be that bad.
    I don't know yet how much the rebate will be so far I am out the $10.00/tn trucking to get it from Moose Jaw so I will need to see something or I might as well buy local.
    But I hold out hope and will use it again next year if it nets out better, I like the competition a voluntary buying group provides.

Thanks for sharing the info. Keep us posted on how you make out.

Comment

Is there somewhere you can get the N content tested?

Comment

Yes keep us posted. If there is a good rebate then I may renew my membership. I didn't purchase any glyphosate so I may base my membership decision on if farmers are happy with their 46.

Comment

Did you guys see the article in the Western Producer from one of the Fert Companies warning farmers how their product is superior compared to off shore stuff and they called it snake oil I believe.
          What a crock!
          Unloaded last few loads from the winter buy and don't worry the pearling wasn't perfect from Agrium and their were lots of chunks.
          Were getting ripped in Canada and lets hope FNA has a huge rebate because if they do this is one farm that's changing and going to get on board next year for lots. Keep us posted.
          Its like the CWB debate guys don't want to loose the lucrative cash market in Canada and will do and say anything to keep us in control.

Comment

Where did it originate from? Where was it shipped into originally?

Comment

hopperbin I had the same thought I was thinking weights and measure's but I have not done it yet. I am confident though in the product
              second load finished unloaded I only booked two loads , as I did not want to bet the farm on a new program with prises rising as they were.

Comment

Personally, I won't support a company like FNA who shut the door for individuals moving our own imports in from the states. Yes, the ground work they did is appreciated, but to make you pay a membership for the privilege to buy from them, while at the same time making just as much margin as your local dealer, I just don't like it. Also when was the last time you saw an ad or poster thanking FNA for their contribution to your community project?

Comment

Maybe what we need is a few more import companies to sourse 46. Now that we have 60 cent or more fert. price 40 cent FNA sounds pretty good plus should be a rebait. FNA is raining in these big companies.
                  Or better yet more free trade between our countries . Is there any reason these chemicals should not flow more freely?

Comment

hopper FNA was at the market when it was .40cents in fact when you add in the trucking they are $10.00 out. It will be how they handle the rebates that will decide if I buy more for 09
                    When I booked I talked to one of their higher ups and he was talking about building storage at the coast and other high cost infrastructure so I'm hoping they don't shoot themselves in the foot buying keeping back all the savings.
                    Railway what did FNA do to restrict you other than tying up the makers of Clear-out, there are other generics out there.
                    As far as chemicals being traded more freely Bayer got their new Infinity registered in Canada US and Australia at the same time lets hope PRMA can keep going with this.

Comment

2 years ago I purchased Clear-Out in the US direct at CAD $3.30/L (about US $3/l). US dollar was at 90 cents. At the same time, FNA was bringing Clearout into Canada at CAD $4.25 delivered to your farm. Transport costs do not cost a dollar per litre (maybe 10 or 15 cents max). They were making millions above your membership fees. It is a crock, to think that they are trying to pretend to be a farm organization that gives the grower the best possible price, and at the same time, charging more margin then any dealer/supply chain in Canada. Notice that Clearout is the only product that they have the grower pay them direct, all other products you buy from the dealer (46 is different, and you can guarantee that the "rebate" will be small compared to the actual cost of the product). I think they did a great thing and moved our input cost on one product down, but then the following year they tied up all production of Clearout in the US so they could increase margin even more. Additionally, they created a monopoly over a federal public program (OUI-Clearout) It never fails to amaze me that this is never publicly discussed when the FNA name comes up. To top it off, they have a regestration number for the product and could have legally supplied the product in Canada like every other chem supplier. They had comparable margins but did not want to deal with any of the negatives to selling chemicals. ie efficacy, container disposal.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...