• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brewers and Farmers as Partners

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brewers and Farmers as Partners

How many farmers examined the brochure called, "A Toast...to Barley Growers", compiled and distributed by the Brewers Association of Canada?

www.brewers.ca

info@brewers.ca

The last page stated, "We want to hear from barley growersabout ways to build better relationships, better markets, and foster our joint success."

Just as a matter of interest, how many farmers have spoken, written, contacted, liased, e-mailed, flew down to see, or proposed a plan, yes I said a PLAN, to the brewers Association?

I met Luke Hartford from the Association. He's bright. He's capable. Has he heard from lots of farmers?

If not, why not?
    Parsley

PS You have to want to be at the top of the chain.

I have had it hanging on my board for about a year. I phoned Luke about it last year. I find the statment "Brewers are consistently paying prices higher than farmers see" very interesting. Where is that money going?

Comment

Probably into personal trainers for the CWB's Marketing executives, so a person may as well spend their time trying to work with the Brewers, to get out of the CWB's money-grubbing hands.

They have good personnel, and they need farmers as partners, and farmers need them as parteners.

200 farmers working actively with the brewers...wouldn't that be helpful?

Dust it off. We have somebody working with us, not against us.

Parsley

Comment

I think it has something to do with the North American malters and brewers paying a large premium and China paying close to feed price for malt. I have sent malt barley to the west coast that no domestic maltster would touch with a ten foot pole. This is where pooling benefits the exporter and the grower of top quality malt gets to share his hard earned premium with everyone else.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...