• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loonie

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loonie

Just a note to have a look at today's open in the Canadian dollar futures. The loonie opened 29 points higher (71.72) only to collapse to 71.07. As I write, the market is down slightly from yesterday's close (71.43 on the June). My thoughts are this market is about due for a set back (not willing to invest my money though). Stay tuned.

Charlie;

Chuckle Chuckle Chuckle...

Don't get in front of a freight train doing 90!

I don't see any positive signs for the US Dollar anywhere... Iraq exposes just how much spare US Dollars there are floating around in cash... not a good sign when they get spent and stop being hoarded...

Comment

You were right about direction of the dollar. Perhaps why I spend less time forecasting and more on trying to understand the market/how to use this information in being profitable/managing risk.

Comment

Charlie;

The right of the individual to have the freedom to choose risk management decisions... without government interference... is what needs to be learnt here.

I applaud the AFSC SPE risk management option... I have planned to spend $50,000 on this option... and it sure looks like the whole crop insurance package will be good for all involved.

If Alberta has a good 03 crop, then we are prosperous... and a little support for our grain industry will allow a stable AB feed grain industry to be re-established... which is crytical to the long term viability of our livestock sector.

SPE feed grain risk management allows choice... counteracts the lack of CWB market choice options... and is very important to our feed growing industry.

As the dollar rises... it is even more important to our rural economy to have a stable feed grain economy... Ag dealers are taking a huge hit on used equipment inventories... we need a stable situation so we can all make it through the adjustment.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...