• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hellow from Luang Prabang, Loas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hellow from Luang Prabang, Loas

Just thought I would say hello to everyone from Loas. Excellent holiday with never a day below 30 degress. An interesting counterdiction in worlds of some so poor that are barely able to survive and the adoption of western technology/marketing that shows hope for the future.

I am emailing from an internet cafe. There has not been a city I have been in that did not have internet access - most better than farmers get in western Canada. Interesting to review the same old discussion as I move along (hasn't happened often) in a world that struggles at present but looks forward to a future of opportunity.

Will have to check prices. And the weather premium is ___________?

hI cHARLIE!

Great to hear from you!

How the world has changed... the i-net really has changed things...

When do you get back?

Comment

charliep,

I miss you. Will be glad when you are home safe and sound.

At least they sound as if they trust in their people enough to believe they can learn to use the internet, and don't read everything for/to them!

Parsley

Comment

Parsley! "I miss you". Surely there is another Ab gov't ag guy that you could give a hug to while C is away. Try calling the 1 - 800 # if desperate......

Comment

Burbert Raspberry,

I bet every Agri-viller misses charliep's postings.

An 800 number cannot replace charlip's expertise!

He dedicates time on this site when he could be travelling.And he does't get a 500 dollar a day Wheat Borer per diem doing it.

Parsley

Comment

Parsley
            are they really getting the per Diem, or was that just a drive by?

Comment

I should also say that I do aperciate charlies postings.
              and that I make a point of not responding to the Trolls (read Burbert)on here it only encourages them.

Comment

Time spent on behalf of the Wheat Borers single desk, I have been told, is claimable.

Of course, policy is subject to change in a conference call at midnight.

Parsley

Comment

Directors are paid an annual retainer and per diem allowances. The board chair receives an annual retainer of $60,000. All other members receive $20,000, with committee chairs receiving a further $4,000 per committee chaired. A per diem of $500 per full regular meeting day is paid to each member. Directors are reimbursed for all reasonable out-of-pocket and travel expenses. They are also entitled to a maximum of $5,000 per crop year to assist them in communicating with farmers. The annual remuneration limit is $60,000 for directors. There is no limit for the board chair.

CWB 2006-2007 Annual Report, page 27.

Comment

How much are you guys/gals paid to post the great stuff you post and pretend to believe in, on Angriville.calm?

Comment

When the nittys hit the grittys, it all boils down to money.

Someone scheming to get your money is not a friend.

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...