• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carbon Credits

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ron you cannot sell C02 forever. After so many years you are done. Even though your sold C02 is not mandatory it is recorded.
    You cannot resell it or sell it to another company.

Comment

But how long will they go retroactively? If the price pops up 10 years from now will they pay back to 2003? I understand what you are saying that it is a limited amount but most of my land is rented, I may not have it 3 years from now?
      I think it is all a crock of shit and I might as well get a small cheque before policy changes and we switch back to global cooling (when I was in grade school the ice age was coming, end of cropping in canada for sure).

Comment

Ron I'm with you on this, I sold in the past because it was retroactive.
        So far c-green is the only game in town, so far.
        If farmers are not active on this file you can be sure big oil/auto/government will be more than happy to take credit for your credits.
        I've been told in the EU farmers don't get paid for agricultural credits all it is, is a policy change.
        For now I'm going with the bird in hand thorey.
        I may be wrong, but.

Comment

hopper how much would you sell your credits for?
          Where should the market be at?
          If grass land is now included(policy change) and you get 1 credit per acre and a credit is worth $5.75.
          Some of that land in the province you can rent for the taxes run your animals/baler over it and then get the carbon credit as well why would you not do it, especially on rented land?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...