• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will a CWB Director Candidate get your vote?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How will a CWB Director Candidate get your vote?

CWB elections are looming.

What does a candidate have to say, or do, or promise, or threaten, to get you to vote for him/her?

This should be interesting.

Parsley

I am considering running in Mcreary district. So I am interested in comments as well.

Here's my platform:
    1. Quicker payments without epo,fpc, extortion fees. They are to high and must be reduced.
    2. The fpc must be linked with the pnw pricing since our costs include getting grain to the west coast.
    3. Discontinue the pandering to the railways. Farmers are getting screwed.
    4. etc.

Comment

Does "etc", include choice?

Parsley

Comment

Interesting post parsley.
        -Farmers in western canada should have the same rights and freedoms as farmers in ontario.
        -Canola crushing plants help local communities.
        -Pulse processing plants help local communities.
        -Oat processing plants help local communities.
        -Would like to see the same in the wheat and barley industries.
        - Recognize that some farmers want the freedom to market their grain to the buyer of their choice.
        -A clear majority of barley producers have recently voted in favour of freedom in the marketing of barley. Why does the CWB resist the clear results of the vote?
        -Those farmers who want to pool their grain with others on a voluntary basis should be able to do so, but so should those who want to market their grain to the buyer of their choice be able to do so.
        -Good luck Bucket.

Comment

Parsley

etc. means I had to go check cows and didn't have the time to finish.

4. You sign a contract for sept-nov delivery and you have it hauled in. Payment by fpc.epo pool dpc you have your choice. If the cwb doesn't call it - its yours do what you want.

5.Lets say you can read the markets a bit better than the cwb but you are still willing to give them some of your grain. The cwb develops its program and requires 1million tonnes. If they offer the right price to the producer and he inks the bottom line - you are committed to that delivery and so is the cwb.

6. If you do not want the cwb marketing your grain because you don't like the price or delivery options, I can't see where allowing a person to do their own would hurt anything. I didn't grow the grain or pay his bills.
          This might tell the cwb that they have to change a program quickly to respond to producers to meet the export program requirements.

7. A producer delivers to a mill in Saskatoon via truck. No rail freight will be deducted. No more special pricing to the mills. If they had to rail freight grain from the coast from europe they would soon learn the deal it is to buy local.

These are a few things that if the cwb would react quickly to I think producer would show more confidence in them.

Comment

Good points bucket.

I would also like to add that producers should be paid for dockage. It was fine to give the dockage to the line companies when we owned them through shares and reaped the returns but now it is a different story and I don't think we should be giving away anything, also we have paid the frieght for these guys.

Comment

Oh yeah - the freight thing.

The prepaying of freight bills must come to end. let me review my current operation. I grow the grain, I haul the grain, I get partial payment for my grain BUT I pay the railways before the grain is loaded on the train, meanwhile I wait for the rest of my money for 1 1/2 years.

Quite illogical.

Since the railways don't quite understand that there cost savings haven't been passed on to the farmers - maybe they will understand it when they don't get paid for substandard service. Mcreary can be mr. nice guy all he wants - him and the b.o.d. should tell they railways to shove it up their collective asses.

Comment

1 to 7 you are the director of my dreams. Bucket I would like number 8 added. Currently farmers can decide weather they want to take current crop year pro or the next crop year pro. If a farmer contracts grain to the cwb they should be on the current crop year pro. Drives me up the wall that farmers can decide this crop year pro or the next. That's bullshit marketting.

Comment

The BOD elections this fall should be very interesting, I predict that voter turnout will be the highest ever. My reason for saying that is for the first time ever there is an excellent chance that the pro boarders will be in a minority.

In our district, there should be an ABM campaign, anybody but McCreary.

Comment

At the CWB meeting in PA this winter I got the definate impression that McCreary is not eligable to run again.
                    He referred to that meeting as his swan song.

Comment

Hopperbin

My neighbor pointed that out to me afew months back.

Just because he hauled in march he doesn't have that option.

Then I saw the financial - it has to stop.

As in the open market you don't have that option unless they forget to get your canola in on time then there is some negotiating going on.

If you sign a contract for delivery and price - the price has to hold.

Comment

By the way, my ideas could have been done years ago I been telling them to mcdeadly for years - see how he listens.

Here is another one - off the cwb issue but has been told to numerous mps and mlas:

A person in the city or myself could build a house (capital investment) using his rrsp. I don't need a house but I could be buying farmland (capital investment) with my rrsp and financing myself. I would rather invest in myself than a financial right now.

Any comments on that idea.

Comment

what will flaman do - he is nominated as a liberal
                          candidate, will he run in the cwb election is there isn't
                          a federal election?

Comment

Parsley,

The best thing that could happen... is if Flaman had to defend being a nominated Liberal... at the same time as being forced to run for the CWB!

I truly hope PM Harper will hold off on allowing the Federal election... till late this fall!

The Two elections at the same time... with the CWB being voted on first... the perfect storm!

Comment

I think "Flaman Fees" should be a big issue in his district.

Low cost buyback for Flaman's organic grain. High cost buyback for the majority of farmers growing conventional.

Why is that Rod?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...