• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charles R. Morriss

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charles R. Morriss

The Trillion Dollar Meltdown, a book by this man postulates more crisis in the economy and runaway inflation. What does this mean for farming? Don't bet on anything except more uncertainty. The efficiency experts of the world have made everyone so efficient, that we have just in time delivery for almost everything. The problem with this in food , is that any little hiccup in the supply chain will cause massive starvation very quickly. We have cut inventories so tight that any problems in production will cause massive instability in in the supply chain. This will cause wider and wider swings in commodity prices. These certainly will not be your father's markets. This doesn't even factor in demand from developing economies.

Agstar does this mean you want to go back to break even(if your lucky) farming?
    It may be a wild ride, but one I will prefer to slowly going broke like so many others before me.

Comment

Agstar, which one, as a Canadian, shall I panic about tonight?

(a)Massive Starvation?
      or
      (b)Rampant obesity?

Comment

I don't know Margo , are you obese or anorexic?

Comment

I cannot decide. Nor can different parts of me decide. Canadians cannot decide. The world cannot decide.

Your conflicting theories cause wider and wider swings in eating habits, but using them, you can probably blame the open market for the "hurt" borne by both fat and skinny.

Aha...the main thing for you is ...they need fixing!

btw, Are you developing forced menus yet?

You would admirably fill the role as CEO of the Canadain Menu Marketing Board.

Compulsory menus you design, that Westerners could sign up for, pay for, eat, and all profits would be pooled.

The anorexic would recieve more food from the fees those fat farmers with too much land would be forced to pay to the CMMB. (The Vader theory).

The fees would be arbitrary. (Flaman Fees)

And agstar, as the head of the master-planning-bastion, every farmer in Western Canada would be "eating out of your hand".

Gruel, anyone?

Parsley

Comment

Have you seen the price of gruel lately?

Comment

Ah, grasshopper, think of your cut.

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...