• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB costing me $$$'s again

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB costing me $$$'s again

Well I just cleaned up the last 100t of my winter wheat from last year.

These were my options

1/Sell it for non-board feed and get cash now.

2/Stick it in the pool and wait, take an epo,or deliver it into next years fixed price contract and wait.

Here's the thing, I needed the cash to help cover spring costs and offset my livestock losses so I really only had one option.

After beating the bushes to find the best non-board cash price I found $7.80CAD a bushel. Pretty good right? It's pretty much in line with the PRO and fixed price contract but I get the money now.

So what's my beef?

In Bottineau ND they are getting $9 USD

http://bottineaufarmers.com/index.cfm?show=11&mid=6&theLocation=1&cmid=19&layo ut=1

In Berthold ND they are getting $10 USD.

http://www.bertholdfarmers.com/

So on that 100t or 3674 bu I am out $2.20 a bu if I don't bother to factor in the FX or roughly <b>$8000.</b>

The CWB iron curtain strikes again.

Now here's a question for all you agri-villers.

A/Should I buy it back on paper?

B/Should I sell it again on paper(go short)?

C/ Just be happy with what I got instead of risking my money in the futures market

Comment

Sell it for common seed

Comment

Send the CWB a bill for the difference. Make a full explanation and CC to Ritz and anyone else that might care. Include the freight difference between where you sold it and the US destination.

Comment

If the CWB were voluntary the price would come to me I wouldn't have to truck it to North Dakota.

Comment

Fran your right. the price would transfer from USA to here in minutes and within pennies of one another in a similiar location to port.

Comment

When its real grain, real prices, in real time. The CWB comes up short again, again and again.

There is no premium folks. Stop listening to the board propaganda and start checking prices. I'm not the only one whose getting hosed.

Comment

Yeah I'm sure the Americans would be real thrilled if all of a sudden all us Canucks started bringing b-trains across the boarder and flooding the U.S. elevators.

Can anyone say countervail?

Comment

I'm still waiting for that countervail on oat's. How many decades has been again?

Comment

cchurch,

The Americans seem to embrace load after load of EMFA feed hauled INTO THE USA

day after day, year after year.....

Lest we forget.....

Parsley

(It's the feed wheat and barley the CWB doesn't want to market, and doesn't want to pool, remember? The multinationals seem keen to buy from the farmer and the Americans are keen to buy from the feedmills. The only reluctant player is the CWB...do you suppose buyagra would keen up the Wheat Board?

Comment

Still waiting for that on Canola as well.

http://www.canola-council.org/facts_export.aspx

Comment

cchurch:

You're not paying attention.

Fran said "If the CWB were voluntary the price would come to me I wouldn't have to truck it to North Dakota."

Name one commodity that the Americans countervail. Oh yeah - wheat, you say? What makes wheat different than all the other commodities we sell down there?

The CWB.

It's the CWB that the Americans don't like. Take a look at every challenge they've thrown up - each and every one is aimed squarely at the CWB.

Like Fran said - stop listening to the CWB propaganda machine and start doing your own homework.

Comment

pigs,beef=cool

Comment

And why pigs beef cool because our stupid livestock industry has been build on cheap feed grain thanks to the CWB. So we went to feeding Americans with our livestock and forgetting that the rest of the world could use our pork chickens and beef. Prices for Oats are higher in Canada than the USA wounder why the CWB got out of Oats and look what happened their.
                            Barley malt is higher way higher in USA but Us malt is going to Canadian companies HM.
                            Church we wouldn't need to care what the Americans are doing because without the CWB the price would be the same on both sides of the border. And when the US elevator company in Canada needs HRS for their mills in USA guess what by train it will go their and we would have got a premium this year for $1 15.5 HRS and our Durum instead were getting scraps.
                            CChurch just open your eyes and see what the heck is going on around you. Pennies in In-terms never ever equal what you lost this year because of our beloved CWB.

Comment

"It's the CWB that the Americans don't like"

And what's not to like about an entity that has an ability to undercut any competitors price? /sarc off

A government mandated privilege to source grain at whatever price they want, with an ability to mask daily price comparisons behind a pooled average.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...