• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeding intentions?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeding intentions?

Has last week's rain/snow changed anyone's seeding intentions? Analysts seem to feel that more barley will be seeded because of the late spring. There are even thoughts that Polish canola might replace Argentine varieties in some areas. Any thoughts? Assuming good weather...how long will it be before the drills will be rolling in your area?

We started seeding again today at Fort Saskatchewan. The odd seeder is rolling on lighter land. I think my last 1/4 of wheat will swing to barley, but that sucks because I'm already growing 500 acres instead of 150.

Comment

Just to add to this conversation, any thoughts about seeding deadlines for different crops in your area. How critical is getting crops in ahead of the long weekend in May?

An observation is that in the last two years, crop went in early but the cold May meant no germination. Putting crop into the good top soil moisture we have and a little bit of heat will put things back into line quickly in terms of crop progress.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...